The Field Sales Executive – Solutions Consultant for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting ("TAA") has primary responsibility for driving profitable sales growth in assigned accounting firms that meets or exceeds sales goals. Field Sales Executive activities include learning and staying informed on the complex and comprehensive Tax & Accounting product line; learning and following a comprehensive sales process; updating and managing sales pipeline information for an assigned list of accounts; managing time and resources effectively; representing Wolters Kluwer within the industry and territory; and contributing to sales planning and forecasting activities. Specific responsibilities and requirements follow.
***The territory for this position includes Arizona, New Mexico and El Paso, Texas and we are considering candidates in any of those locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learns full line of Tax & Accounting products including features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition and competitive position in order to effectively serve clients by attending and engaging fully in standard product training session for new hires; completing all self-study reading, exercises, and activities in the prescribed timeline.
- Learns and executes the sales process for Tax & Accounting products and services by staying fully informed of the prescribed sales process. Meets or exceeds sales quotas.
- Manages assigned account list that supports a healthy sales pipeline by reviewing target list provided; organizing customers by segment and opportunity (e.g., size, type of firm); researching contact information for decision-makers and influencers; building daily and weekly calling lists and making corresponding calls; and maintaining information within the Salesforce CRM database in accordance with timing and content standards.
- Drives new account/customer development to meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals planning and conducting prospecting/introductory calls with sufficient volume to establish full calendar of in-person meetings; participating in industry meetings, trade shows and sales meetings; conducting group presentations to generate interest in products and services.
- Maintains and grows existing customer business to meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals by contacting or meeting with existing clients in sufficient volume and with appropriate regularity to stay informed of their business needs, and the value provided by existing WK solutions.
- Contributes to new product development and issue resolution that meets customer needs by identifying gaps/issues where current products do not meet client requirements; working with product managers to translate unmet client requirements into business and functional specifications; managing client expectations on the timing, delivery and scope of product enhancements.
- Improves TAA market share within the territory by identifying departments/business lines in target accounts using competitive products and engaging the client account at the management and executive level to identify business issues.
- Contributes to new product development and issue resolution that meets customer needs by identifying gaps/issues where current products do not meet client requirements.
- Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish sales goals by planning for and scheduling all required sales activity; grouping activities logically (e.g., in-person meeting in the same locale on the same or consecutive days).
- Collaborates with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Works with other sales personnel and Division Sales Manager to address account/channel conflicts in a professional manner.
- Develops an Annual Business Plan based on accurate pipeline predictions, Mid-year business update, weekly reports and quarterly forecasts.
- Engages in weekly communication with manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, marketing, or related field; OR, if no degree, 4 years outside sales experience for non-manufacturing/non-agriculture product/services.
Three years of sales experience to non-consumer organizations, including:
- Experience developing and qualifying prospect lists.
- Experience consistently achieving quotas and goals.
- Experience developing and executing business plans and forecasts.
- Experience translating contacts gained through extensive networking into legitimate business opportunities.
- Experience making in-person presentations to prospective clients to explain the business' products and services and their alignment with the client's needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) & presentation tools.
- Experience with CRM tools i.e. Salesforce.com; etc.
- Experience using a Consultative sales approach.
- 3 years sales experience in on-premise or SAAS software business application and/or content information.
- Consistent Club/Performance Awards.
- Working within a multi-division organization with various sales channels.
- Working in or selling products/services to the tax and accounting industry.
- Experience working with tax and/or accounting concepts and terminology.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Certifications:
- Experience working independently with a minimum amount of oversight.
- Formalized sales training (e.g. Challenger Sales).
- Advanced professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple top priorities.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced collaborative and in a matrixed organization.
- Strong work ethic and passion for excellence.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and overtime.
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to influence, drives for collaboration but not necessarily consensus.
- Domestic travel to client sites, 60% - 70% of work time; ability to travel independently and overnight as well as ability to travel by air.
- Must have valid driver's license and a car.
- Ability to obtain a credit card.
- Ability to work from home office and sit for long periods of time.