The primary responsibility of the Field Sales Executive (FSE) is to represent and drive strategic growth of ftwilliam.com software products and services in the Institution space. This includes following a specified sales process that includes working with a Sales Engineer and selling solutions and services directly to end users virtually and via face-to-face contact. The (FSE) will work within named accounts and target new business in large Enterprise and upper middle market organizations. Additionally, the (FSE) will be involved in managing a complex, multi-layered sales cycle from start to finish; assisting management in devising direct sales plans and strategies; and operating under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell and expand ftwilliam.com software products within a named account base made up of primarily Institutions and companies in the large Enterprise and upper end of the middle market.
- Develop a strong understanding of the retirement plan market, our customers, and their daily workflows.
- Prospect and develop new business in both existing accounts as well as new accounts.
- Proactively study and learn products and competitive landscape.
- Maintain and update information in Salesforce.com including activities, demos, and pipeline management.
- Develop relationships with major players in each of the large metro markets.
- Submit timely reports as requested by the Sales Manager and/or Executive Management.
- Contribute ideas and best practices to other members of the sales team.
- Provide fast and thorough follow-up on inquiries from customers and prospects by phone or email.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Billing/Collections teams to resolve billing/service issues that could affect the renewal of a subscription.
- Support team, Business Unit, and corporate goals and objectives.
- Attend National and Local ASPPA and NIPA tradeshows to provide booth coverage as needed. This includes learning and executing our Trade Show processes.
- Perform various ad hoc duties as requested by Sales Manager
Minimum Experience: BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of over-quota sales experience in the Retirement/Pension or Employee Benefits industry
- 2+ years of Enterprise sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, planning and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams)
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or other comparable CRM application
- Prior software/SaaS sales experience
Core Competency Requirements:
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong sales ability with long and complex sales cycles
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to develop deep relationships with customers and prospects
- Strong customer service skills
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Consulting mentality—extracting insights from very complex and/or limited information to make a recommendation to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive, think independently, and anticipate needs related to future work
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and apply skills and knowledge to unique and varied situations
- Highly responsive and resourceful
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and approach to problem solving
- Innovative mindset--willingness to try creative and different ways of meeting sales goals
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts, research findings, issues analysis, project/evaluation results, and data interpretations