At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is looking for a highly-motivated Field Sales Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented sales engineers focused on Enterprise and Large Enterprise opportunities in the West. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background, be passionate and knowledgeable about security, and have prior experience managing sales engineering teams. An ability to “lead from the front” and a willingness to act as both player and coach to help your team secure the technical win will be key to your success.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of your team of Sales Engineers
- Resource management - assign projects, accounts, and meetings to sales engineers as required, and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Work as an individual contributor for key accounts as needed or requested
- Participate in technical sales calls, and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Engage directly with customers in technical or sales escalations, and drive issues to resolution.
- Provide technical leadership and product expertise to the team as well as the larger sales organization
What you bring to the team
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and annual reviews
- Hire, train and retain top talent
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive, to personnel in a timely manner
- Build a strong team and provide satisfaction among your team and customers
- Influence both internal and external C-level executives through presentations and briefings
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, and Product Management, to ensure effective operation of your team, achieve the technical win, and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Formulate best practices for presentations, demos, and evaluations as well as overall sales strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor to higher level management on strategic opportunity reviews, emerging competitive threats, product direction, and establishing sales objectives and strategies
- 7-10 years of experience in sales engineering, selling to commercial and EDU accounts
- Prior management experience
- Technical background in messaging and security
- Experience with both Linux and Windows
- A thorough background of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, and network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, load balancers, etc.)
- CISSP and related certifications are a plus
- BSCS or equivalent
- Travel: 0-25%