This position works within the Transportation Sector sales structure and works with the Transportation Sector Head. You will develop the US Public Transit, Freight Railway and Passenger Railway market strategy by engaging with special software/solution partnership, OEM, contractor and SI's to develop sales strategies, position products against competitive offerings, and work with the end customers to effectively close business opportunities. You will develop new partner relationships to extend the reach of the company's solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate sales growth within assigned territory to meet or exceed quota.
- Work with existing OEM accounts to identify, expand and penetrate new design-in opportunities.
- Identify the new prospects in the Public transit and Railway market and develop a new business pipeline.
- Develop strategic and tactical sales strategies to position product solutions effectively against competitive offerings.
- Develop a business execution plan for the US Public Transit, Freight Railway and Passenger Railway market.
- Develop relationships with product management, inside sales, and outside sales personnel at solution/OEM partners and their customers.
- Manage and drive regular business reviews with existing railway customers as required.
- Develop territory penetration plans, including target customers and new channel partners.
- Track and effectively communicate opportunity progression through the CRM system.
- Work with the product teams to provide feedback on product positioning and competitive offerings.
- Gather customer requirements and collaborate with engineering and eco system partners on applications development.
- Develop and present technical content and training to customers and partners. Coordinate promotional and visit activities.
- Ability to travel 50-70% of the time.
- 5-10 years relevant technical sales experience or as an FAE (pre-sales) in the US Freight or Passenger Railway or Public Transit markets.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (EE, CS, IS) or business management
- Proven market knowledge in railway systems and public transit
- Strong customer facing experience skills are required. Able to take a complex problem and provide a solution to the customer.
- Excellent background and experience in some of the following: electronics/communication systems, networking and computing system architecture
- Demonstrated result-oriented, creative and sales driven professional
- Proven ability to sell/manage and develop accounts directly
- Excellent communications, teamwork and presentation skills
- Adept at using CRM's, Salesforce preferred.