The Field Sales Engineer will drive revenue and sales funnel growth with customers and channels partners within their assigned territory. The FSE will manage channel partners and their respective sales representatives using established sales management process. This team member will prepare and present demonstrations and applications of company product, provide training, and offer follow-up technical support for customers and distributors.
This role is home-based with 60% travel within the upstate New York territory. The FSE must reside in the territory.
- Generate revenue and sales funnel growth consistent with company goals. Develop and execute a growth plan for the territory through: prospecting, new account acquisition and development, as well as current account commercial and technical support
- Responsible for close collaboration with customers and channel partners to identify customer needs and developing the appropriate Kollmorgen solution to satisfy those needs.
- Develops, presents, and negotiates pricing proposals with customers using value-selling methods.
- Provide technical sales and marketing support to customers, channel partners and channel partner sales representatives, these positions serve as a liaison between company and customer.
- Assist in defining and implementing marketing plans with Product Management team to support long term sales growth objectives and capture new customers.
- Coordinates, schedules, and executes activities (training, visits, audits, etc.) in the assigned territory in partnership with cross-functional team members as needed.
- Assists in developing standard policies and procedures to support FBS methods and metrics.
Key Relationships for this role:
Internal: Regional Sales GM, Customer Support Managers, Customer Support Associates, Product Management
External: Sales and Marketing organizations, product management, customers and channel organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree; technical degreepreferred
- 5+ years experience in the automation / motion control industry
- Channel Management experiencepreferred
- Experience working with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) including demonstrated large account management skills
- US citizen or permanent resident required