Lake Mary, FL
Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
5 - 7 years
Posted 62 days ago
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
Accountable for meeting revenue objectives by conducting direct sales efforts to various sources within specified market(s). These can include assigned local, regional or global accounts or specific opportunities which are determined to have the highest potential for revenue.
Responsible for consistent and ongoing prospecting for and capturing new business via leads generated by the hotel team and through personal sales effort to identify new sources of business.
Director of Sales must have the ability to understand the hotel and market financial goals and translate that into sales strategy and actionable steps by the sales team to achieve goals. Leads the customer through an annual account planning cycle and scheduled reviews to ensure the customers' needs and expectations are met by ESH.
Cultivate both new and existing business relationships as new accounts are brought into portfolio to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound business acquisition and retention strategies.
* Coach all team members to understand all goals and metrics and assist them in managing daily performance to ensure achievement of all goals and quotas such as sales activities, revenue booking goals, REACH 4 REWARDS, etc. as assigned by Sr Director of Sales.
* Constantly monitor performance trends to identify any potential revenue shortfalls to proactively deploy to address needs. Coordinate use of all sales resources to remedy underperformance.
* Oversee and contribute to sales planning process. Work with team on all sales action plans to ensure that focus areas are appropriate and match current sales strategies. Provide consistent and timely review of action plans on a schedule set by Senior Director of Sales.
* Consistently coach and mentor hotel team on the understanding and execution of "The Great 8" field sales activities.
* Maintain and increase business from all existing local accounts through ongoing sales activities.
* Constant surveillance of local market through a variety of channels and sources to identify new business opportunities. Assign, direct and execute follow up on all opportunities to ensure capture.
* Participate with Sales, Operations, and Revenue Management on all retail and negotiated pricing decisions.
* Provide reporting on all aspects of sales performance as directed by Senior Director of Sales.
* Understand the use and role of CRM software platform as primary resource for documenting sales activities. Adhere to all policies and procedures related to its use.
* Review and understand data included in a variety of reports, such as STAR Report, daily ops report, hotel lists, and external data sources (e.g. ZoomInfo, Construction Wire, etc.) to ensure maximization of revenue.
* Oversee all sales orientation and identify sales training needs within the hotel team, including REACH certification. Utilize SharePoint and Extended Stay University programs to access training and information materials and resources as needed. Utilize any available training resources to ensure team skill set is optimized.
* Cultivate both new and existing business relationships as new accounts are brought into portfolio to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound business acquisition and retention strategies.
* Assist in gathering information and completing appropriate questionnaires during the RFP process. Utilize Lanyon
to submit bids as appropriate for hotels.
* Drive outbound leads to other regions via the Reach 4 Rewards lead management system.
* Achievement of all personal booking goals and pipeline valuation as determined by senior management.
* Achievement of all sales activity quotas.
* Conduct strategy meetings weekly with General Manager to review activities, action plan and results. Review upcoming sales activities, sales opportunities and pipeline and ensure all are in keeping with existing strategies.
* Mentor and coach Guest Services Representatives to generate sales leads from in-house guests, walk-ins, and phone inquiries ("The Great 8"). Conduct REACH sales training to Guest Service Reps.
* Support Operations in the accounts receivable collection process when additional contact is necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES/LANGUAGE SKILLS:
* Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees of organization
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Fluent in the English language.
* Ability to create and modify basic documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
* Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook for e-mail and use the internet for client research
* Must become proficient in all internal computer programs used for sales such as CRM, Lanyon, etc.
Note: Additional job requirements such as mathematical skills, reasoning ability, physical demands and work environment requirements may be part of ESH's standard HR job posting requirements, but have been temporarily removed for the purpose of describing the core expectations of this role.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance
* The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
* At least 4 years Hotel sales experience.
* Hotel sales experience (preferably in the extended stay niche) is required
* Must be proactive and knowledgeable of creative sales maximization skills to lead and coach sales team toward appropriate actions to fulfill the hotel's needs, seasonality, patterns, and strategic objectives.
* Must be self- motivated with strong time management skills and abilities to set and achieve priorities.
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and ability to remain positive and constructive under stress.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, effective listening and presentation skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include infrequent evening and/or weekend meetings.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation