Minimum Experience: 5+
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Be involved in projects with our Health, Safety, Environmental Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a Field Safety Construction Specialistfor our Fresno, California office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently to orient project team members (employee and subcontractors) in HSE, conduct HSE inspections and compliance audits, life safety system audits, and review and prepare various safety programs.
- Assist with the implementation of WSP’s safety programs and management system
- Identify and quantify HSE exposures and risks and coordinate appropriate responses through a defined HSE assessment process.
- Prepare HSE plans and reports
- Provide oversight to 3rd party HSE subcontractors on project sites
- Ensure that project for which assigned responsibility, HSE documentation (JSAs, work permits, SDS books, orientations and tests, operator licenses, equipment inspections, etc.) is obtained and maintained with project files
- Guides, coaches and motivates team performance and those directly associated with implementing HSE processes, procedures, systems, methods, and policies critical to the success of HSE in the field on Energy projects.
- Evaluate findings, make recommendations, and prepare written and verbal reports of site visits.
- Interface with third party HSE project personnel, including subcontractors to ensure applicable OSHA regulations, API standards, NFPA Standards, as well as WSP and client HSE requirements are implemented
- Ensure safe/unsafe observations, near misses, and incidents (injury and non-injury, property/equipment damage and environmental impact) and work hours are accurately reported as required by WSP and client.
- Identify HSE improvement areas in field operations/projects
- Lead incident investigations and Root Cause Analyses (RCAs)
- Full-time position will involve travel
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree safety sciences or equivalent industrial and HSE experience of 5+ years
- Must have a working knowledge of U.S. health and safety laws and regulations, including OSHA and construction; and as well as familiarity with the OSHA general industry regulations.
- Must have experienceworking with HSE field issues
- Working knowledge of Behavioral based safety and its application in a project field setting
- Can solve problems independently, using knowledge gained from field experience
- Understand the application of HSE management system principles
- Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with project and craft personnel
- Possess strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to readily identify key issues and risks and develop strategies or recommendations for improvement
- Can work overtime and travel 75% percent of the time
- Must be able to travel to Project Locations via air and land
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word, Adobe DC, and Risk Tracking
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or equivalent is a plus
- HAZWOPER/H2S trainer certification; other OSHA and HSE approved trainer certifications considered a plus
- OSHA 30 -hour health and safety training, OSHA 500 trainer, 40-hour HAZWOPER. Be well versed on U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) hazardous material materials handling; and CPR, and first aid training are desired
- Experience with computer based HSE reporting and tracking systems
About WSP USA WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started? WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.