The Specialty Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) supports appropriate patient access to GSK Specialty products. This role is responsible for educating healthcare professionals about important product reimbursement information and processes as well as helping providers understand GSK Access Support Services that may be available to help appropriate patients access GSK specialty medicines. Specialty FRMs are responsible for educating providers on key payer policies related to GSK specialty products and work to communicate the impact of these payer policies on payer access back to the Payer Account Team. This role reports to a Director of Specialty Field Reimbursement. Qualified candidates must possess a demonstrated track record of success working in a matrix environment and must demonstrate effective leadership of non-direct reports. Specialty FRMs routinely interface with Payer Account Managers, Specialty Pharmacy Account Directors and Specialty Sales professional teams.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to travel up to 75% including overnights
- Must be located within 50 miles of a major airport in or near the territory
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care industry (must include experience in a specialty division), or experience in Field Reimbursement role a for reimbursement support services company
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA, MPH or other advanced degree
- Basic knowledge of the payer environment including state, federal, private third party reimbursement issues, methodologies and policies for physician- and self-administered drugs
- Strong customer focus with building relationships, issue identification and resolution, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative and operate successfully in matrix environment reporting into reimbursement function while deployed in the field
- Highly organized, strategic thinker with excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Reimbursement experience for immunology, respiratory, or other specialty injected/infused products in a buy and bill setting across all sites of care
- Strong knowledge of provider office and hospital outpatient department reimbursement environments, regulations, customers, and market dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy providers and relevant access dynamics
- Comprehensive understanding of Medicare Parts A, B, C, D and knowledge of commercial insurance reimbursement.
- Understanding of the miscellaneous and permanent J code, Q code and possible issues surrounding appropriate billing.
- Experience working with reimbursement call centers in support of patient access