Collaborates with RPM (Regional Project Manager) to establish project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements. Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables. Helps RPM and Resource Manager to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks. Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and recommends staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site. Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices. Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others. Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to RPM. Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations.
Develops the pricing and negotiating of changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors. Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities. Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, field personnel and RPM to identify and implement corrective actions. Keeps client and RPM informed of the day-to-day activities of the project. Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate. Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in an engineering or construction-related field or equivalent
- 10+ years’ related work experience, with at least 3 years in a project management role directly responsible for all aspects of construction, engineering, or self-perform installation projects, with proven track record of successful completion of contract deliverables
- 4+ years experience working on construction installations/projects, preferably in an aviation environment
- Experience working on Federal Government construction projects highly preferred
- Knowledgeable on subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are requiredPMP and/or CCM certification is preferred.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent