Field Operations Supervisor
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
EM&I Stantec Ltd, incorporated in 2000 offers O-AIMS (Operations Asset Integrity Management System) services to Oil, Gas & Energy Companies. Our services include:
- Rope Access Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
- Corrosion Engineering Consulting
- Non Destructive Examination
- Inspection Monitoring and Reporting
- EngineeringRisk Assessments
- Regulatory Compliance
- Fitness for Service
EM&I Stantec offers O-AIMS (Operations Asset Integrity Management System), Inspection, Repair and Maintenance and Quality services to Oil, Gas and Energy Companies. We have an immediate opening for a Field Operations Supervisor to join our team in Dartmouth, NS.
The primary mandate of this position includes the care and supervision of Technical staff and the efficient delivery of services to meet client needs. The Field Operations Supervisor shall act as the senior authority for NDT and inspection activities and shall have the knowledge to support the field technicians when and where required. The Field Operations Supervisor is the team motivator who takes responsibility for the professional development of group members and for the delegation of workloads and allocation of resources. The Field Operations Supervisor will establish and maintain client contacts and relationships and will undertake research and development initiatives in coordination with management. This position is responsible for the technical assurance and compliance of all systems in line with company, corporate, national and regulatory standards and guidelines.
Applicants must have 10 years previous experience in Oil & Gas inspection services, have the ability and be willing to work offshore for extended periods and be legally able to work in Canada. Local and international travel will be required.
The Field Operations Supervisor will:
- Embrace and support a strongly focused safety culture
- Have proven leadership skills to guide and motivate the team effectively
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills: proficient writing skills for the preparation of reports and project correspondence; strong verbal and interpersonal skills in your communication with the project team, contractors, suppliers and clients –ability to work very effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Understand insulation and coating practices, inspection techniques and be familiar with Rope Access (IRATA) and rigging work techniques and procedures
- Ensure Technicians are competent and qualified for their specific role through performance appraisals and assessments and career development / training planning
- Create and maintain project schedules and deliverables
- Liaise between Project Managers and site teams to ensure work scopes are correctly executed
- Lead EM&I Stantec in delivering projects in compliance with our Management Systems, policies and industry best practices and regulatory requirements in the most cost effective way
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of education and experience:
- 10 years’ experience with an organization that delivers Inspection, Repair, Maintenance or engineering services to the upstream oil and gas or energy industries
- Experience working in an offshore environment
- Completion of a diploma or degree, preferably in the industrial sector or a technical field
- Advanced technical skills specifically with Non-Destructive Testing, Rope Access and Engineering principles
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) are required
If you are looking to grow your career, EM&I Stantec is the place to be if you want to be supported and developed. With competitive rewards, flexible work schedules, fitness subsidies, technical training, and professional development, there are no limits to what you can achieve.
Job ID 31564