Superior career opportunity for a Linemen Field Operations Supervisor with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Linemen Field Operations Supervisor that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent financial management practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
Under the direction of the Operations and Planning Manager, the Field Operations Supervisor is responsible for providing direction for all Operations area activities including scheduling, construction, maintenance, repair, dispatching power plant, and service.
The primary focus of this position will be to provide customers with the most reliable and cost-effective electric service possible. The employee will assist in the management of external resources for transmission, distribution, generation, and substation construction projects.
The Field Operations Supervisor is an integral part ofcore leadership team and, as a responsible professional, the incumbent must have the ability to work independently, exercise initiative and judgment in the performance of the core job responsibilities of this position. The Supervisor must be skilled in leading direct reports and in working with management to support the core competencies and strategic plan.
The Supervisor is also responsible for working closely with Customer Services, Accounting (for Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance), Engineering, and Senior Management to provide timely feedback, recommendations and to ensure execution of corrective action when necessary for area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises, develops, and evaluates individuals and crews engaged in the construction and maintenance of the electric distribution system. Provides clear expectations for their performance. Schedules, assigns, and directs the workforce in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with the limitations of any applicable collective bargaining agreements
• Develops work methods and procedures and makes appropriate assignment (including trucks, equipment and crews, on-call status). Keeps constantly informed as to the direction of line feeds, location, reclosing and switching devices and ensures all affected personnel are informed. field inspections of work in progress and makes material changes in the field. Further responsible for creating the outage report analysis and making suggestions to help make partners more effective in the field.
• Directs all Field Operations activities and available resources (crews, mutual aid crews and contracted crews) to effect the most rapid, effective and efficient restoration of power to customers experiencing power outages. Supervises crew dispatch and utilization of the Outage Management System (OMS).
• Monitors power plant and distribution system Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and controls all SCADA operations. Participates in the update, planning, development and implementation of SCADA system changes.
• Responsible for proper utilization of lock-out/tag-out procedures for the power plant and electricaldistribution. Ensures line crews and power plant operators are properly trained on and comply with company lock-out/tag-out procedures.
• Maintains operations control and status of all power plant and distribution operations and line-ups.
• Responds as needed to emergent problems affecting the safe and reliable delivery of power to customers. This may involve work after normal business hours or holidays.
• Ensures vegetation management activities comply with CPUC General Order 95 requirements and company policy.
• Ensures all operations and construction activities comply with CPUC requirements including General Orders 95, 128, 165, 166, and 174.
• Regularly audits line and construction crews on appropriate work practices, conformance with operation expectations, safety policies and procedures, status of work-in-progress to ensure that the work completed meets established performance, quality and cost standards in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the peaking ensuring the plant is available for operation during peak power periods and fully integrated into the distribution system.
• Works with all necessary departments to ensure that all project materials, equipment and resources are secured in a timely manner to avoid undue project delay and cost. Supports development of the division’s annual budget.
• Manages and administers operations and maintenance service contracts covering the power plant and distribution system to include bid preparation, contractor selection and contract administration and oversight.
• Establishes metrics to thoroughly track the productivity of all line crews and support staff. Produces monthly reports graphically displaying the year to date progress of capital and maintenance work orders.
• Establishes metrics to track electric reliabilitystatistics to include Average Service Availability Index, Customer Average Interruption Duration Index, System Average Interruption Duration Index, and System Average Interruption Frequency Index. Makes outage reports to CPUC as directed by CPUC
• Provides information for the development of retail energy rates and provides support in General Rate Case filings. Provides support to Regulatory Affairs in developing various compliance reports.
• Provides input (material specifications, electrical code, and safety concerns) to the engineering department to ensure the accurate development of work orders.
• Provides direction for contract crews, performs frequent safety and performance audits to ensure that contract crews are functioning within expectations and standards of safety and construction for area of responsibility. Establishes apprentice training program.
• Works in conjunction with BVES management and employees in developing safety as a core value that carries out to all work practices at BVES this will include assisting personnel in developing safety goals and activities that support strategic plan.
• Provides clear and effective leadership and communication to all Operations employees and contractors working within area of responsibility.
• Reviews work order and service order documentation to ensure that completion is accurate, timely and appropriate for area of responsibility.
• Evaluates and substantiates overtime in accordance with policy. Budgets and monitors attendance and overtime records and member charges to identify problems and recommend corrective action as necessary for area of responsibility. Monitors abuse of company sick leave policies and hold individuals accountable through sound management principles.
• Performs appropriate incident, accident and damage investigations and reports to identify root causes of incidents, make recommendations for corrective actions, and ensures appropriate implementation and evaluation of corrective actions to eliminate future occurrences.
• Assists in the development of contingency plans for anticipated electric system operations emergencies including the disaster preparedness plan.
• Complies with all health and safety (CAL-OSHA) laws and other governing regulations; represent management and be an active participant on Safety Committee to review safety rules and regulations and recommend changes to safety program. Ensures all line crews receive required annual training and properly documented.
• Investigates, reports, and resolves customer issues that arise as part of daily construction or maintenance work.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in electricalengineering and construction management or related field or fifteen (15) years of experience in supervising line operations.
• Seven (7) years of experience in line operations working under a collective bargaining agreement or equivalent combination of experience and educationrequired
• At least five years of progressively responsible line supervision is highly desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of tariff schedules, G.O. 95/165 and Construction Methods
• Prior experienceworking with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software or asset management software, Oracle based accounting systems, Outage Management Systems, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and SCADA systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
• Strong to excellent communication (both oral and written) and analytical skills. Good presentation, leadership and management skills. Excellent customer service skills required, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, customers, colleagues and management staff.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California driver’s license required. First aid and CPR certification required. Must attain these within first six months of employment. May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
Qualities of a Successful Field Operations Supervisor
• Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Exhibits professionalism with internal and external contacts
• Demonstrates strong level of accountability and ownership
• Executes with discipline and urgency
• Demonstrated impact and influencing skills
• Trustworthy; strong personal integrity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; solid presentation skills
• Emotional Maturity
• High degree of initiative; self-starter