Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking individuals to join our Astronaut program. A Magic Leap Astronaut serves as the primary point of contact with our retail partners, directly training, engaging and collaborating with the retail partner employees as well as the field leadership team. These individuals will be able to adapt quickly to various audiences, across both consumer and enterprise verticals. The role will interface with customers of varying levels of category understanding, is highly visible, and responsible for educating and training various audiences. Candidates must possess technical aptitude, as well as sales, communication and training skills.
Astronauts will partner, communicate and ultimately ensure execution of Magic Leap training and product go-to-market strategies utilizing measurable programs, ensuring campaigns are executed on-time, accurately, and successfully.
Your role is first and foremost, to support ML's retail partners, delivering training, removing barriers, empowering output and ultimately increasing sales. Your support and expertise will enable ML to reach new customers through marketing initiatives, channel sales, special events, and enterprise engagements, driving activities that create retail traffic, brand excitement, execution of Magic Leap vision and increase product sales and awareness.
- Collaborate with regional retail leadership team and Magic Leap sales team, to develop, implement, and analyze marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Support national and regional training and sales initiatives to drive training participation, ultimately enabling sales performance and brand loyalty.
- Collect and share training recaps, providing valuable feedback to improve training.
- Research and develop POV on local market opportunities.
- Collaborate and share best practices, lessons learned and post-recaps with Regional team.
- Tracking results of all national campaign activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI's, training materials/courses, planning, execution)
- Ability to serve app demos across our retail partners footprint.
- Interface with consumers and retail staff alike, sharing deep knowledge of applications, features, category understanding, pricing models, promotional offers and community resources.
- Provide basic troubleshooting of device issues as they may relate to hardware, software or application side issues, engaging the appropriate Magic Leaps leads to resolve.
- Adapt presentations of the demo based on the audience to make material relatable and easy to understand.
- Demonstrate good judgement and polished demeanor at all times, hold composure in stressful situations.
- This individual needs to have high energy, as the primary responsibility of this role is educating the audience with the demo day in and day out. Adapting quickly to the audience and being comfortable speaking on bleeding edge tech is a requirement.
- Role includes extensive travel, which will vary in frequency and length execution and success.
- BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Education preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience in retail, training, sales or field marketing and implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations.
- Exceptional people skills
- The ability to execute an overall strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with a variety of tasks and business partners (both internal and external partners, consumer and enterprise); must be able to work cross-functionally with internal sales and sales operations teams.
- Comfortable in front of various sized audiences; you love public speaking, and communicating new technologies to a full spectrum of audiences
- Ability to tell compelling stories, clearly articulating Magic Leap's value and vision.
- Experience in retail, training, sales, or other comparable field of consumer product
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-unit, multiple individual or a geographic region successfully
- 50%-75% travel required
- BA/BS Degree
- MBA preferred