As our Field Ops Manager, you should be an experienced manager of multiple remote teams - ready to lead new projects providing our clients properties with wired and wireless data, video network deployment, and operations in the MDU vertical. Since this role is home-office based, you'll need to be a self-starter, with experience helping to scope projects, and then driving to completion. Boingo is a highly collaborative environment, where "cross-functional" work is highly valued. We're all in this together! You should also have experience interpreting and complying with customer technical, installation and aesthetic requirements - relative to low voltage installation in commercial and residential buildings with diverse floor plans and construction. Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, management and communication skills as well as attention to detail will be critical to your success in this position.
- Team-lead responsibility for the construction, test, and launch of Boingo wireless services in MDU vertical
- Conduct on-site implementation and operations work in accordance with agreements, contracts and project plans.
- Support the discovery, review, and evaluation of all potential service sub-contractors.
- Follow program management tracking and reporting process.
- Develop and adhere to project budget(s).
- Conduct on-site management of field personnel, contractors and subcontractors.
- Conduct site surveys for constructability and RF design considerations
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of installation and final as-built drawing packages
- Award and monitor installation subcontractor performance in accordance with:
- SOW, Schedule, Budget, and Quality Standards
- Support field and network engineers during testing phase, as-required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of operations management experience - inside plant or cable/telecommunications and Wi-Fi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired
- Supervisory experience of multiple remote field-based teams
- Experience with Wi-Fi access points, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment
- Familiarity with installation of switches and UPS units
- Experience identifying building architecture and construction techniques
- Experience prioritizing and planning work for team and then adjust as project or venue priorities change, without missing deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Visio
- Proficiency with Windows or Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Must meet physical requirements of the role which include: ability to lift and carry ~70 pounds.
- Must be willing to travel within region
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong desire to make a difference!