The Head of Canada Marketing is a highly strategic role in the Americas Field Marketing organization where the ability to drive both strategy and tactical execution is paramount. This position is responsible for leading marketing for the entire Canadian market, including the enterprise/commercial, government, and service provider segments. Significant focus of the position is on marketing to and through large service providers such as Bell, Telus, Rogers and other service provider customers. The candidate must have a track record of developing strong relationships with internal sales teams as well as experience working directly with major service provider accounts. Critical to their success, the candidate must have a solid grasp of the telecom industry, customer issues and objectives, enabling technologies, and a relentless focus on metrics and results.
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders (sales teams, corporate marketing, solutions marketing, and technical experts) to help develop and define the go to market strategy and plans for the Canada market
- Aligning to corporate marketing narrative objectives and plans
- Drive tactical execution of the marketing plan, leveraging shared resources, virtual teams, and external agencies as necessary
- Assisting, accelerating, and creating sales opportunities that drive Juniper revenue
- Building relationships with customer sales, marketing, and product management personnel to drive co-marketing activities and mutual pipeline development
- Build awareness for Juniper in the commercial/enterprise marketing and implement demand generation campaigns for lead fulfillment through partners
- Presenting and evangelizing relevant business and technical content in customer meetings, at events and in presentations to audiences that range from in-the-field sales/SEs to Marketing/Product Management Corporate VPs.
- Proactively assessing effectiveness of marketing plans, developing new marketing initiatives and maintaining continual alignment with sales strategies
- Managing budget of Opex & MDF funds
- In depth technical understanding of telecom networking technologies, strategies, and cloud-enabled business opportunities
- Results driven; does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
- History of building and maintaining successful relationships with sales teams and partners in order to build a marketing strategy and implement it. Specific examples and references will be required.
- As an individual contributor, have a range of marketing analytic, strategic and tactical skills to execute agreed upon plan and to take on new tasks as plans change to get the job done.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment with limited direction/supervision as well as adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes
- Strong collaboration skills to interact and influence key stakeholders in the business groups, marketing, field and channel teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, with a can do attitude and the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Ten+ years of technology marketing experience with a focus on the telecom industry
- Strong knowledge of large service provider business models and challenges, especially within Business Services development and taking new products to market
- Outstanding communication skills to quickly analyze information and use that analysis to concisely and accurately communicate recommended course of action
- Familiarity with marketing and sales automation systems such as salesforce.com
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Success will be measured by:
- Canada Sales Achievement (SA)
- Growth of channel revenue through partners
- Key Account Engagement Scores and VIP customer engagement scores
- At bats and Marketing Qualified Leads generated