Job ID 62576
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Marketing team is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to join us in California. In this role, you’ll work with the regional Field Marketing leader, to assist in growing the region's overall market. You will also be responsible for the marketing plans and activities for specifically assigned sales teams in the North America, Southeast region. You will also exercise independent judgment to evaluate business and marketing opportunities and determine where and how Red Hat Southeast Field Marketing should focus its time and investments within assigned sales teams.
Primary job responsibilities
- Take on responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of marketing plans and activities for assigned sales teams
- Work with sales teams to identify needs and opportunities that marketing programs can impact
- Collaborate on strategies, plans, and forecasts with the regional field marketing manager, Regional Demand Center, Channel partners, and other resources to build a strategy and programs, ensuring that opportunities are maximized and will meet overall team objectives
- Customize programs, promotions, and campaigns to include Red Hat partners and other appropriate internal groups that may benefit
- Set and achieve high level of field marketing program success in terms of metrics, increased awareness, sales leads, and revenue generated
- Implement all tactical aspects of programs, including ROI analysis, budgeting, resource management, launch, communications, promotion to sales and the market
- Manage programs to budget; seek out alternative funding, as needed
- Support Regional Demand Center programs within this region like workshops and road shows, communicating event details and providing sales with invitations to send to their customers
- Ensure timely and consistent delivery of activities and deliverables via related project teams and marketing activities and functions
- Co-own intranet partner portals with updates, Google calendar, and other internal communications
- Prepare program activity reports and project dashboards that communicate program status on a regular basis; present and report to senior management on programming status during applicable meetings
- Apply creativity and business acumen to content, marketing program development and implementation, event plan strategy, seminars, sales tools, training, advertising, etc.
- Provide exceptional service and support to sales account teams and other key stakeholders
- Upload leads into Salesforce, update Allocadia, and populate other systems and reports, as required
- Process related Purchase Orders and facilitate payments to vendors
- Step in as back-up to the regional field marketing leader, as needed, during absences or schedule conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience, or a master’s degree with 8+ years of experience; exposure within a technology marketing environment preferred
- Prior sales experience or experience developing marketing strategies with sales teams; enterprise segment or account-based marketing is a plus
- Track record of highly successful relationship management; solid customer service acumen
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Good collaborator and team player; relationship builder
- Passion for learning and taking on challenges
- Ability to meet deadlines and excel in your role; highly flexible and focused on measurable results with the ability to see opportunities rather than problems
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- Ease in working with a variety of applications; experience with the following tools is an advantage: Salesforce (SFDC), Google apps, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, LibreOffice
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.