The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for driving the marketing strategy, planning, executing, analyzing, and optimizing all marketing activities to achieve pipeline goals. You will develop an impactful marketing plan, collaborate closely with the account teams, sales leadership, partners and quarterback a cross functional team that will shape the go-to-market plan.
In this role, you’ll generate awareness and create demand using a variety of marketing campaigns, vehicles and tactics including account-based marketing programs with the primary objectives of generating pipeline, accelerating the sales cycle and increase the win rate. Additionally, you will be responsible for communicating field-level insights to the broader marketing team to ensure that messaging, content, and demand generation programs meet the needs of the region.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, innovative, data-driven marketer that uses marketing insights and a deep understanding of the sales landscape to align with the business.
This is a remote opportunity with the ideal candidate preferably located in the metropolitan New York City area, and will report to the Sr. Director, Field Marketing Northeast Enterprise & Canada.
- Develop and own quarterly strategic go to marketing plans to amplify brand visibility, yield high demand and achieve pipeline and revenue growth objectives with input from local sales team and sales leaders.
- As a trusted advisor to sales, you understand territory pipeline mix, design and implement integrated marketing programs that drive new customer logos and new business with existing customers.
- Serve as primary point of contact and continuously engage with sales teams and leaders to communicate, coordinate and maximize impact of marketing initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with local sales teams, channel, alliance, OEM and corporate marketing teams.
- Strategize, plan and collaborate with partners to develop programs that open opportunities within their customer base.
- Develop deep understanding of target audience, including pain points, spending profiles, key projects and initiatives, and competing solutions.
- Build integrated marketing programs to deliver a comprehensive customer acquisition journey.
- Drive and execute account-based marketing within designed framework aligning to sales needs and goals.
- Identify relevant industry events and secure appropriate level of participation.
- Align and customize global campaigns to fit regional needs.
- Execute multi-touch demand generation programs that build pipeline to meet quarterly goals.
- Act as liaison between corporate marketing and the field; be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and conversely communicate needs and results of the field back to corporate marketing.
- Coordinate and manage all regional events, including seminars, webinars, executive conferences & roundtables, tradeshows, networking events, and user group meetings.
- Track lead flow and measure ROI for all activities through metrics analysis and reporting to evaluate results against goals and use learnings to drive improvement.
- Actively manage the regional funnel. Deploy creative solutions and tactics to increase in-region pipeline performance.
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking and effective in spend.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in a high-tech B2B marketing role in field marketing or account-based marketing.
- Proven track record of working with sales leaders to build and deliver marketing and business results to achieve company goals.
- Able to lead through influence and build consensus via collaboration across all functions and levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical skills: proficient with Salesforce in gathering analytics, ability to measure effectiveness of programs and extract actionable insights.
- Understanding of datacenter infrastructure and virtualization technologies.
- Deep understanding of all modern demand generation channels and when to deploy each type of activity for maximum effectiveness.
- Proven experience in successfully implementing or influencing an account-based marketing strategy, preferably across large enterprise accounts.
- Experience in vertical marketing with strong emphasis in financial services a plus.
- Strong project management, negotiation and decision-making skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Articulate, polished written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Creative thinker and program builder with a can-do positive attitude.
- Excellent at networking and building relationships.
- Extensive experience in localizing and executing global integrated campaigns, with a demonstrated track record of exceptional achievement in field marketing for high-tech B2B companies.
- Experience in today’s virtual events as well as face to face events. Has achieved strong results under challenging circumstances.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a related discipline.