At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. The Urology and Pelvic Health business unit provides proven, leading solutions to treat kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), male incontinence and pelvic floor disorders—more urology subspecialties than any other company. In addition, we continue to invest in gynecologic surgical solutions for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids. These offerings can help healthcare providers advance patient outcomes, reduce procedure costs and enhance quality—enabling millions of men and women to regain control of their lives. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in urology and pelvic health.
Boston Scientific's Field Marketing Manager is responsible for accelerating the adoption of key products in the region/geography assigned through market development, driving patient awareness and education, enabling patient access. This position also works with key customers to position AMS as “the partner of choice” in the therapeutic categories assigned through delivery of localized marketing programs. This candidate will work closely with Territory Managers and Regional Managers to execute marketing tactics to increase the number of patients treated with AMS therapies.
- Increase referring physician and patient awareness of disease states and treatment options
- Identify unique local market opportunities to increase therapy and product awareness including PR, patient advocacy or hospital marketing partnerships
- Conduct patient education seminars and community outreach programs.
- Evaluate and implement co-marketing programs (using approved guidelines)
- Make patient advocates available (in-person and cloud visits); also identify suitable patient advocates as needed
- Conduct in-office patient education tutorials
- Develop and implement targeted patient outreach initiatives
- Work with collaborative counterparts to drive Physician Health Talks between prosthetic urologists and primary care physicians or other referring physicians
- Enable patient access to the right implanter
- Address local market issues that limit patient access to trained implanters. Ensure patients have a way to access the right implanters
- Recommend best practices to implanters that enable improved efficiency and patient care
- Share with customers best practices that allow for improved practice efficiency and patient flow
- Increase awareness and acceptance of AMS Practice Management resources
- Share non-clinical literature of interest to prosthetic urologists
- Identify other areas where AMS should develop and share best practices that improve efficiency
- Partner closely with territory managers and region managers in the assigned geographies
- BA or BS degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in sales, account management, advertising/marketing or promotions required; however less experience will be considered for an exceptional candidate
- Healthcare, Pharma, medical device experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel)
- Experience with sales and marketing databases a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have demonstrated business partnering skills
- Ability to build/create immediate rapport
- Must be detailed-oriented and proven ability to be organized
- Creative outside-the-box thinker, persistent and analytical
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- 50-60% travel required
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.