Through a good understanding customer requirements and market dynamics, the individual willcollaboratively develop and support sales strategies within Americas’ sales territories, while also influencing corporate marketing approaches and product development.
- Tactical Plan Design and Execution: Developing and successfully implementing a business plan that is aligned with the corporate strategy to deliver the Americas revenue goal for the liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instruments product line. This includes sales strategies, tactics to promote awareness of Waters in these instrument segments as well asworking collaboratively with market segment colleagues. (e.g., marketing communications, seminars, user meetings, representation at relevant meetings and tradeshows).
- Strategic Sales Development: Providing guidance and support to the Waters sales organization with the development/implementation of their regional business plan and ensuring that these business plans are aligned with Waters’ overall separations and mass spectrometry business goals and objectives.
- Business Reporting: Maintaining appropriate records of sales and sales forecasts for the purpose of measuring achievement of budgeted goal. Communicating business metrics tosenior and executive management teams.
- Market Trend Analysis: Spotting trends in the chromatography and mass spectrometry market and communicating these to the corporate product marketing group. Fully understand, maintain and report on competitive products and positioning.
- Support of Account Managers, Sales Specialists, and Service Teams: Maintaining regular dialogue and assisting with the activities of the account managers, sales specialists, and the service team for tactical solutions promotion, as well as, post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Advocate for Internal and External Customer Needs: Being an advocate for Americas’internal and external customers such that training, product, services, and business requirements are met. Work across multiple product, service, vertical market, and geographic organizations to build consensus and influence to affect change.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and/or marketing, preferablywith demonstrable experience with Waters’ or competitive LC/MS products
- Proven ability to develop and execute business plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills: communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet Waters core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all corporate departments
- Self-motivated with the ability to flexibly respond to changing demands