You want to work at a fun, growing company, where you can have a direct impact on the organization’s success. Splunk is searching for a Public Sector Channel Marketing all-star with a consistent track record managing and delivering multiple projects on time, within budget and with a high level of quality. Being comfortable with changing priorities and responsibilities in a dynamic and growing environment is expected.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a sharp, eager partner marketer passionate about jumping on board with one of the fastest growing companies in the Big Data space. Buckle up and come along for the ride—we won't forget to have fun along the way.
This position requires the ability to exercise independent discernment to evaluate business and marketing opportunities to determine where and how Splunk should focus resources and strategy for channel partners in support of SLED and Federal Government. You would be a trusted advisor to sales, marketing, and the global partner ecosystem.
Key to this position is an understanding of project management, corporate marketing, field marketing, and communications. Responsible for defining and delivering marketing programs with, through and for channel partners for the SLED and Federal Government markets, as well as, handling a budget and return on investment tracking against the partner marketing plan.
- Work with global partner marketing, Public Sector field marketing managers and Public Sector partner directors to ensure partner marketing programs align with the overall marketing program for US Public Sector.
- Define, deliver and measure multi channel marketing programs to create and drive demand generation for strategic channel partners across the Public Sector market.
- Work in partnership with the alliance marketing team to execute joint campaigns and programs with alliance and channel partners.
- In addition to being responsible for strategy and plan, you will handle the marketing relationship, demand generation strategy and communications with a sub-set of National partners focused on Public Sector.
- Partner with the Splunk Field Events, Sales Enablement, and Partner+ Programs team.
- Drive awareness and enablement programs to keep partners aware of Splunk’s latest campaigns, solution offerings, partner wins and the tools you’re creating to help them grow their businesses on Splunk.
- Responsible for partner marketing budget and track success and return on investment for Splunk partner programs.
- Communicate plans and successes to key marketing and sales partners.
A passion for channel sales and marketing is a requirement. A keen understanding opportunities and challenges to successfully sell, market, and grow enterprise software via an indirect sales model. Qualified applicants will have a keen ability to understand what makes our partners’ businesses tick to develop marketing programs and offerings that quickly identify new opportunities to grow the Splunk business.
- 5+ experience creating marketing programs for channel partners in public sector
- Ability to lead and implement a wide variety of marketing programs simultaneously.
- Demonstrate revenue impact of partnerships and marketing programs.
- Self-starter that can launch programs and handle multiple timelines.
- Ability to motivate cross-functionally to drive G2M planning and execution forward.
- Understanding of a broad range of marketing activities and disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to fully understand the Splunk platform, as well as the appropriate portfolio of partner products, and find marketing commonalities.