The field marketing manager is responsible for planning, organizing and executing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the sales and channel teams. Professionals in field marketing often act as liaisons between marketing and inside, partner and field sales teams as well as central demand functions such as global/ integrated marketing and a demand center. Field marketing managers may develop – or assist in the development of – marketing plans consisting of multi-touch, multi-dimensional programs including both inbound and outbound tactics. Field Marketing is key to the Big Switch demand generation and brand awareness strategy, and we're looking for an exceptional candidate who can be hands-on while developing regional marketing plans to meet sales goals. This role will support our North America sales region.
- Develop, plan and execute marketing activities to drive sales pipeline, build channel partnerships and strategic alliances, and strengthen customer relations
- Work closely with sales leadership, regional sales, channel, marketing operations and corporate marketing to drive functional alignment
- Research, choose, design and manage live events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Interface with sales to determine direct and indirect channel enablement needs, and work with product/solution marketing to develop tools, programs in a box, training and content.
- Manage leads collection and flow into Salesforce campaigns, coordinate lead follow-up with SDR team
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of programs.
- Proactively engage with the direct and indirect sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including events venues and services, digital marketing agencies, direct mail providers, SEO experts, designers, copywriters and list brokers
- Develop and implement target account strategy to support account-based marketing & selling initiatives
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs.
To Be Successful
- Proven experience partnering with sales and channel teams to develop and implement integrated programs that drive awareness and demand
- Strong communications and presentation skills with executives, peers and partners. Ability to "plan your work and work your plan"
- Highly motivated leader who thrives in a fast-pace, start-up environment along with the ability to quickly adapt to changing organizational and market needs
- Creative thinker, highly collaborative, focused on our customers and business goals.
- Ability to produce results on time and within budget
- Expertise in aligning tactical plans and strategies
- BS in marketing or business, or comparable education/experience
- MBA Preferred
- 8+ years marketing in business to business tech, preferably networking or software/cloud solutions, 4+ years field marketing experience