Description POSITION PROFILE
Strategic partner with local and Regional sales leaders responsible for influencing marketing contribution to revenue in support of the current year growth objectives. Responsible for planning, organizing, deploying and executing on sales and marketing tools, programs and go to market strategies to generate new prospects and advance existing revenue in the direct and Inside Sales channels through field and customer facing activities. Leads the connection between marketing and sales teams and assists in development and execution of regional and local marketing plans and programs including both inbound and outbound tactics.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements pipeline acceleration programs jointly with sales.
- Partner with sales leaders to build local marketing business plans based on market opportunity aligned to customer segmentation and portfolio
- Establish cadence to measure local KPIs against growth and retention targets
- Research, choose, design and manage live events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post-event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Interface with sales to determine sales enablement needs, and works with portfolio marketing and management to develop tools, programs in a box, training and content
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of sales and marketing programs
- Drive marketing growth through focused demand marketing, account based marketing and customer marketing
- Prioritize sales focus avoiding "marketing pollution"
- Proactively engage with the direct and indirect sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Develop and implement target account strategy to support account-based selling
- Communicate and educate the sales teams regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Collaborates on the go to market strategies with Portfolio marketing, portfolio management and the demand center
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications, Events team and Customer Experience Centers in support of amplifying the brand in the local markets through various go to market activities
- Engages in activities that support on-going customer contact, customer councils and customer user groups as well as field focus groups for market research and RUS' voice of the field.
- Collaborates on building sales tools, developing incentive programs and participates in execution of field programs with the mid market, major, strategic and/or dealer channel marketing teams.
- Works cross-functionally with customer service, professional services, supply chain, field sales and sales operations to support business initiatives.
- Act as the "System User" of the lead and demand generation platforms and the District resource for training and campaign developmentResponsible for lead management and execution
- Develop and implement target account strategy to support account based selling
- Works with the operations team to support market positioning, field relevance and support launch activities to field sales.
- Collaborates on the crafting of product and solution workflow programs, sales tools, incentives and demand/lead generation specific to local or Region based needs.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Six or more years in B2B marketing
- Four or more years of field marketing leadership experience
- Proven experience working with sales teams and supporting programs to drive awareness and sales; actual sales experience is highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate track record of success in all key areas of responsibility
- Ability to utilize standard software applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a proven track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Customer, competitive, market or general business intelligence experience
- The ability to assess current state and balance with desired end-state.
- The ability to prioritize.
- A willingness to work cross-functionally with other marketing, field and HQ resources.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple assignments and operate effectively in a fast paced environment