Field Manager (Enjoy Captain) - Detroit
at Enjoy (View all jobs)Detroit, MI
Enjoy is the next generation of the retail store. Our highly-trained and friendly experts bring the store to you. We offer same-day delivery with help and setup of today’s premiere technology products that is free to users. Last year we doubled the markets we serve for a total of 16 with more to come this year including international expansion.
We are helping today’s premiere companies navigate the rapid shift from offline to online commerce by offering same-day delivery speed with a smile for their consumers. We believe that speed matters but the experience is what allows Enjoy to deliver outstanding value for consumers and partners which include some of the world’s largest consumer electronics and telecom carriers.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, and an executive team from leading retail, technology and design organizations like Apple, Facebook and Amazon, to name a few.
About the role.
As an Enjoy Captain, you'll be the primary voice of the Expert community, responsible for managing Expert and Fulfillment performance within the market. You'll also:
- Manage the market team, recognizing great performance and providing developmental guidance
- Connect, inform, and inspire the team through one-on-ones, daily huddles, and visitobservations
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for all employees in the market
- Maintain a high performing team in line with the Enjoy Values and brand standards
- Manage the vision, purpose and tactics of Enjoy programs, initiatives, and priorities
- Support the ongoing learning and development of their team
- You proactively seek opportunities to help individuals and the team get stronger. You don’t hesitate to share developmental feedback and provide encouragement when times are tough
- You can be counted on to see tasks through to completion
- You are self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive. You don’t hide from problems or let them persist
- You make decisions that improve the lives of others, even if it means more work on the back end. Not simply a “pleaser”, you have the vision to see when a short-term challenge can yield a long-term gain
- 3+ years experience in a people management role
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for this position in accordance with all applicable ordinances