Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your field operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking motivated, top performing field operations professionals to deliver high quality products/services that meet customer needs.
The Oakland, California office of Otis Elevator has opportunities for an individual interested in field a leadership position. As a field management associate (FMDP), you will participate in a comprehensive management development program combining classroom, computer-based modules and on-the-job training for 6 months. The extensive training program provides the foundational skills and technical expertise in the elevator trade, as well as provides tools to be successful in leading a team of field maintenance mechanics. Upon successful completion of the program, the incumbent will assume a leadership role as a Maintenance Supervisor and must be willing to relocate based on the needs of the region. In this role, you will have responsibility for leading a team of mechanics and directing the performance of field maintenance and contractual service operations. Areas of responsibility will include improving efficiencies, leading safety, managing callback rates and providing technical support; route control and scheduling; authorization of repair orders; quality assurance to Otis and the customer; managing the expenditure of labor, materials and other assets.
- Prior supervisory/management experience leading a technical team
- Organized self-starter with excellent time and project management skills as well as a strong technical background
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with a customer focused outlook, having the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job
- Must be able to interpret basic financial statements and grasp profit and loss accountability, demonstrating strength in business judgment and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Construction Management OR
- 5+ years of related-field experience. Elevator experience is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68655BR