We’re expanding our Field team!
ASI/Progressive Homeowners is growing and we’re looking for experienced Field Staff Adjusters to join our talented team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes from working with a successful and growing organization. If you’re searching for a new opportunity with longevity and career advancement, ASI/Progressive Homeowners may be the perfect place for you.
Ensures claims are fairly and accurately investigated and evaluated in accordance with established timelines, customer service standards, and quality standards. Responsible for coverage and damages analysis of property claims, which includes the ability to negotiate and complete settlements fairly and equitably with all parties.
Essential Job Functions
- Travels throughout the US to inspect risks and assess damage.
- Determines insurance coverage. Inspects losses, set reserves and adjusts estimates of property damage, as well as determines loss amounts. Uses estimating software to produce accurate scopes of damage.
- Submits assignments to vendors. Reviews and adjusts estimates as needed based on best practices.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement. Provides direction to outside vendors and experts as needed to resolve damages.
- Effectively manages diaries and tasks in the Claims System and pending files in accordance with Claims Best Practices.
- Appropriately applies knowledge of applicable state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Sets mediation or appraisal when needed. Discusses strategies and attends litigation triage meetings, mediations, and Examinations under Oath when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree; Six years of prior work experience with a history of high performance within financial services, customer service, construction, property management, or related field; or some combination thereof. Minimum three years of structural field claims experience required, five preferred. Property and casualty experience required.
- Adjuster License in applicable states required.
- Proficiency in preparing estimates in Xactimate (or another software package)
- Experience handling a variety of claim perils preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be willing and able to accommodate overnight travel on a weekly basis.
- Must possess the ability to travel to impacted areas within 24 hours of notice.
- Must possess the physical ability to travel day-to-day to attend litigation hearings, examinations under oath, mediations, and training as needed.
- Must have the ability to load and unload equipment as well as bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged property.