Brink’s is a premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for and Field Human Resources Manager.
The Human Resources Manager will act as the Strategic partner to branch managers in their region/area of responsibility, and will develop and implement Human Resource strategies in order to support the organizations overall strategic aims and objectives.
To ensure that the organizations culture develops in accordance with Brinks Vision and Core Values and enables the organization to attract, retain and develop high performing people.
- Work closely with the branch and regional management team, providing expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of talent and employee related issues including effective leadership and motivational approaches
- Work with management to drive key HR related processes and programs including performance management ie. talent assessment, training, diversity.
- Develop, implement and maintain “best in class” HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization.
- Provide advice and guidance on employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of Brink’s policies, best practice and employment legislation. Conduct thorough and expedient investigations and provide substantive findings.
- Support the creation of an environment of positive and favorable employee relations where change and business decisions can be introduced constructively and consistently.
- Ensure that all employees are informed and updated by assisting with communications of key operational and cultural initiatives.
- Provide direction and execution of talent implications for organizational success, including:
- Analyze operational and workforce related metrics to arrive at insights and action plans
- Ensure strong levels of employee engagement and work to minimize employee turnover
- Partner with the recruiting organization to ensure right talent is in place
- Support training including on boarding, code of ethics, values and behaviors, performance management, continuous process improvement and other key initiatives
- Help identify process improvements to gain efficiencies and accuracy
- Administer local compensation and benefits schemes and ensures compliance with company salary administration guidelines
- Act as a cultural role model and drive accountability for exhibiting behaviors aligned to our core values.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressive Human Resources role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in employee relations in a supply chain logistics, security sector, manufacturing, operations or high volume hourly workforce environment
- Minimum of 3 years compliance experience with working knowledge of US employment law and state specific laws and regulations. (ie. LOA, OFCCP compliance).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Self-motivated, determined, and able to work under own initiative in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional track record of strong judgment in an autonomous environment
- Ability to coach managers on leadership, management, operational, employee and talent issues
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team environment across remote locations
- Can demonstrate collaborative style with excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Travel 25% - 30% to different branches within designated district
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Solutions oriented
- Good organizational skills and planning