Cracker Barrel is looking for a Human Resource Manager over the Texas region. This Human Resources manager will be responsible for the implementation and administration of HR policy and programs, working closely with the each locations management team to deliver HR objectives and plans that enhance the work experience and ensure an appropriate work environment. The goal for this position is to make sure that our employees are taken care of so they can take care of our guest. You will be an advisor for Regional VP’s and District Managers in all areas of implementing HR training, investigations, and new hire follow up.
You won’t directly be serving our guest, but you will be serving those who do! Our mission statement is pretty simple “Pleasing People” so if that speaks to you, please speak to us.
- Oversees Field Human Resource issues such as policy development and interpretation, employee counseling and discipline, terminations, store management training, etc. Advises and counsels District Managers on appropriate resolving of employee relations issues. Researches and reviews employment law to ensure policy and procedure compliance. Assists district managers in communicating Human Resources policy and procedure. Communicates employment law and human resources policy through store visits, seminars, and training of managers and District Managers.
- Analyzes current policies and practices to ensure consistent application and compliance withcompany and federally mandated regulations. Develops, recommends, and implements new employment strategy, to affect business objectives and ensure consistent application of policy and procedure. Manages the Field Human Resources budget.
- Partner with Regional Vice Presidents to improve district manager understanding of Human Resource issues and role each plays in resolution. Facilitates employee relations and employment law training for field management. Presents seminars and assists in orientation program to educate field management regarding employment laws and policies. Educates field management with guest service issues with Title II or ADA implications. Conducts training programs to assist management personnel increase their knowledge of Human Resource issues and to become proactive in handling employee-related matters. Conducts on-site training and open door sessions for hourly field employees.
- Keeps informed of developments in areas such as wages and salaries, employee benefits, general personnel practices, and employment law.
- Conducts training sessions on staffing and retention. Assists store managers in new unit openings to achieve staffing levels set by operations for opening. Follows-up with newly hired and existing Restaurant and Retail Managers to assess job match and prevent possible resignations from issues arising in units or training.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or equivalent human resources experience and 4-6 years human resources generalist experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment law (FLSA, Title VII, ADA, FMLA, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of human resources theory and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as mediation, negotiation and listening in conflict situations.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Budget planning and management.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Position will handle a region that includes most of Texas, parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisiana with frequent travel around the region. Candidate will be work from their homeoffice and can reside anywhere in the region.