Your responsibilities include:
Support implementation of health economic and value selling strategies and activities for Boston Scientific (BSC) working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders:
- Develop and implement reimbursement, health economics and market access, and value selling strategies to promote growth in the Urology and Pelvic Health (UroPH) franchises.
- Work in partnership with sales and sales leadership to plan and prioritize customer visits to deliver value selling messages to drive BSC priorities.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Clinical Sciences and Health Economics teams to anticipate market needs and inform the development of customer-facing tools, economic models and other tactical elements of reimbursement to maximize patient access to BSC UroPH technologies.
- Provide direct health economics support to clinical and economic customers working with the sales organization to help drive acceptance of UroPH products.
- Educate and train sales team on health economic tools and messaging both via in-person and virtual meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with local physician champions to support interactions with hospital administrators.
- Align with Health Economics, Clinical and other scientific resources across UroPH to provide credible evidence and information that address customer information needs across the clinical product portfolio.
- Ensure health economic and value selling methodologies and messages are consistent across the organization and compliant with legal and regulatory guidance.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will have excellent technical expertise in the areas of healthcare administration and health economics but also outstanding communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a broad group of stakeholders in a way that is both meaningful and credible to the audience. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to convey to the external customer the unique capabilities that Boston Scientific has in this market.
The position also requires the candidate to be current in the field of health economics and healthcare delivery systems, including integrated delivery networks, hospitals, and ambulatory surgery centers. Knowledge of physician practice economics preferred.
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH, MHA, MS, or MSc in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, public health, or similar discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years working in the delivery and/or administration of healthcare, preferably with experience in the acquisition of disposable and capital medical technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives
- Ability to present complex health economic information to both large and small influential groups in a way that is both easy to understand, credible, and engages the audience
- Perform with composure in sometimes contentious meetings with external customers
- Effectively operate economic tools in order to demonstrate to customers how Boston Scientific products will impact their facility or healthcare system economically and financially
- Train sales team members both individually and in groups in the use of economic tools such as calculators, presentations, and messaging in a compliant manner
- Ability to illicit and interpret customers’ goals, needs, and priorities and creatively address them with Boston Scientific products and programs
- Demonstrate responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry and healthcare systems
- Demonstrate ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere
- Experience and comfort with complex sales processes involving sophisticated customers
- The desire and capability to personally do heavy lifting – this role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution
- Understanding of medical device reimbursement environment
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices
- Detailed knowledge of US healthcare financing system including payment systems of key payers including Medicare and commercial payers in all sites of service
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams desirable
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in account management and customer service
- Strong background with clinical and economic data desirable
- Computer literacy required (Microsoft Office Suite, iPad applications)
- This is a field-based position with average overnight travel of 2 – 4 days per week, 3 – 4 weeks per month
- Given current conditions regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, travel is likely to be minimal for the foreseeable future and virtual video conferences will be the primary platform for engaging both internal and external stakeholders