The Field Food Service Manager is responsible for multi- unit food locations. Maintaining food standards, development and growth of food programs, food service safety and meeting financial goals
Day to Day Accountabilities:
- Oversee the food service operations of a territory of stores (Deli, Commissary, Bakery, Hot Beverage, Cold Beverage, Fast food and other prepackaged)
- Work with Territory Manager and Regional Manager to build Food Service Sales
- Inspect stores and perform training
- Assist with cost audits, issues regarding equipment, delivery shortages, item specific questions, program processes, food preparation instruction, deli cleanliness, special promotions, waste management
- Review & guide stores to better manage commissary grab n go program. Review Bad Merchandise reports and target stores to reduce waste. Review and follow up with managers on ordering process.
- Coordinate & schedule managers for Serv-Safe certification for license processing. Maintain files on BOX to track Manager Serv-Safe certificates.
- Program scale label printers
- Create weekly & monthly sales reports for the Foodservice Team. Research & provide sales & bad merchandise data for Foodservice team.
- Update Cost Sheets for stores to conduct Foodservice inventory counts
- Create and implement Food Service planograms
- Communicates regularly with store management and crew
- Draft and email updates, instructions, announcements, and performance reviews deli locations
- Leadership Skills: Must be able to keep site level employees motivated, resolve conflicts as necessary. Must communicate with assigned sites on a regular basis, keeping appropriate operations team informed of.
- Time Management: Working with multiple stores and managers across a large region requires coordinating visits with the stores, completing all above restaurant managerial tasks, and making a direct impact on each of the stores. Managing time efficiently is crucial to the position.
- Budgeting & Cost Controls: It is expected that our Field Food Service Managers ensure their region is maintaining their budgets and controlling their costs (i.e. Labor, Waste, Inventory). They will need to consistently follow up with their teams, coach them, and create action plans to set them on the path to meet financial objectives.
- Financials: Must have a fundamental understanding of profit & loss statements and operations analytics that help drive sales and revenues.
- Speaking & Writing: May need to write reports, speak in front of executive management, or develop analyses for your region.
- Provide/develop necessary tools that assist waste, inventory and labor controls
- Review weekly sales, monthly profits and cost audits and communicate action plan with team.
- Project planning – create a project plan for sites with specific goals. (project planning will be located on BOX) Includes: Business Plan form (task & why it needs to be accomplished), history of bad Merch and waste dollars / percent, history of sales (deli / commissary), store floor plan and images (before and after).
- Recommend purchases of new foodservice equipment
- Hiring - Screen, interview and train food service associates and supervisors as needed
- Overnight travel may be required at times
- Portrays a positive image of the company at all times
- BachelorDegree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in restaurant or retail food operations, food safety training or related food industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of operational best practices, with a focus on restaurant/convenience store industry a plus.
- Computer proficiency of Microsoft products including Excel
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Work in a cross functional setting and maintain focus of equipment initiatives.
- Ability to understand basic technical detail and read and execute a user manual
- Self-disciplined, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite and a clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team.