TitleField Engineering ManagerPosition Overview
The Field Engineering Manager has overall responsibility for the performance of all project coordinators at the job site. They will lead and mentor the various project coordinator teams by reviewing their current practices and course correcting to best utilize the project coordinator resources to support efficient performance of the work in the field. They will review staffing levels and execution models to determine best practices for all PC teams and ensure personnel leadership supports continuous improvement of our PC staff members. They will develop a comprehensive training program for all nuclear project coordinators in the department and modify/maintain these courses as processes change. He/she will rewrite and revise processes and procedures to maximize efficiency for all project coordinator functions including Construction Work Package generation and execution. He/she will also develop new processes for doing business that allow for efficient field changes, implement tablet-based CWPs for field execution and support the site Design (Field) Engineers. He/she will establish an overall staffing plan that encompasses all nuclear projects and help facilitate moving the right people amongst projects to best develop our key talent and to ensure success of all projects in the nuclear portfolio.
- Develop comprehensive training that can be used to onboard all project coordinators at any site including the specifics of writing and executing Construction Work Packages, procuring and tracking nuclear materials, reading and reporting on schedules, progressing work, issuing and tracking subcontracts etc.
- Revise and re-write procedures as necessary to maximize efficiency and address any current gaps in the program
- Work with Human Resources to create an overall time-phased staffing plan for all nuclear projects to address ramp up and ramp down periods across all projects and ensure mentorship, career progression and personnel development are considered by all projects
- Work with quality team to simplify procedures and pare down processes to meet minimum code requirements but maximize field efficiency of operation.
- Implement electronic, tablet-based work Package execution and documentation to move away from paper-based field work packages.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders on all nuclear projects, acting as a home office support system for the site field engineering managers
- Manage relationships with joint venture partner engineering firms and customers in support of site field engineering managers
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 15 years experience in Field Engineering/Project Coordination
- Familiarity with nuclear construction Work packages
- Familiarity with nuclear safety culture and principles
- Familiarity with Nuclear QA programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to map processes and write procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
Employment Status Permanent