Electrical Reliability Services is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Field Engineer to support our service offerings in the Lake Charles, LA area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate within 40 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Troubleshoot, test, and inspect complex electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering. Operate all types of test equipment and have some experience in coordination of electrical systems. May be mentally demanding, requiring a high level of tolerance and concentration on several projects and activities at once. This position requires minimal supervision.
- Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Perform instrument transformer tests, power transformer testing, automatic transfer switch troubleshooting, generator testing, watt-hour meter calibration and high voltage circuit breaker, all equipment associated with substation equipment testing.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, complex relay calibration, and use of load and power quality recording instrumentation, infrared scanners, medium voltage breaker and switchgear testing.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electrical systems, and all types of power metering
- Perform start-up services on switchgear and electrical systems up through the 500 kV class.
- May perform complex power system studies including short circuit, arc flash, protective device coordination, reliability, harmonics and load flow analysis.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Represent the Company as a lecturer on technical topics.
- May perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment-labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Take an active role in business development and expansion.
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Perform all functions pertaining to a written job proposal to a client, including estimate of man-hours and expenses, and development of scope and pricing.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Graduate BSEE/BSEET Engineer and four years experience minimum. OR Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and seven years minimum same or similar work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and eight years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Passed NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam.
- Requires special skills in a majority of the following: Power factor surveys - generation and co-generation start-up - ANSI, NEC, NEMA and U.L. specifications (field evaluation); pilot wire and distance relaying - computer power system transient surveys - vector, phasor analogy; UPS systems - drive systems - complex control systems - medium and high voltage substation start-up, vibration analysis.
- Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear and equipment testing through the 500 kV class.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical apparatus testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- Complete projects consistently on budget.
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory and organizational skills
- Able to write detailed reports, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
- Good judgment, dependable, supervise large scale projects with technical expertise and good business management skills.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers' business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.