Field Engineer- Surveyor
Our Texas Group is currently seeking a Field Engineer to work on complex heavy civil projects throughout the Houston, Texas area.
The qualified field engineer will have experience working with heavy civil and/or commercial projects ranging from 25 million and up. The field engineer will oversee the field on the a large projects, providing leadership to the trades and field foremen. The Field Engineer works with the Superintendent to ensure timely and quality completion of the construction process.
- Manage McCarthy's labor force to achieve optimum performance
- Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement
- Provide leadership in quality process
- Provide leadership in the safety and accident prevention programs
- Document daily construction activities
- Chair weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
- Issue and maintain short term schedules
- 5+ Years of Heavy Civil and/or Commercial Construction experiencerequired
- Experience with self-perform work.
- Previous experience directing and coordinating trades
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required