What part will you play?
The Medical Innovation Group Field Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the on-site integration, field instruction, customer acceptance and sign off for all assigned projects. He/she is charged with the responsibility of working with assigned project managers in providing complete, fully functional integrated audio-visual systems.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Field Engineer include the following:
• Perform a full quality control check for all installation efforts
• Confirm all software/firmware configuration uploads and checks to ensure the system performs to both the manufacturer’s specifications and MIG’s Quality Management System (QMS)
• Provide clear and concise documentation on any configurations implemented or needed for successful implementation (i.e. network configurations, video settings, DSP settings, etc.)
• Coordinate any updates/changes of systems drawings per the QMS with Operations, Engineering, Regulatory and Service departments within the MIG
• Perform system calibrations for audio and video on installed systems
• Complete system test and acceptance/certifications commissioning for installed solutions per the established QMS
• Participate in internal and external project meetings as needed.
• Support all types of technical escalations from the field team and work with other team members on resolutions as needed
• Provide and assist with in-service training and support for deployments. This will require training physicians and nurses on these systems within an active operations room or other active clinical spaces within a hospital
• Travel as required
• Afterhours and weekend work
• Other duties as assigned.
• Awareness and understanding of the Diversified MIG Quality Manual, Quality Policy and Risk Management Policy as they pertain to job purpose
• Awareness and understanding of all Essential and Secondary job responsibilities outlined in all documents tied to the Quality Management System
• Bring incidents to the attention of their supervisors or document them directly on an Incident Report Form
• Cooperating with investigations, corrections, corrective actions, and verification activities all tied to the QMS
• Understand job functions, limitations and training requirements as needed
• Use only the latest versions of documents and always access documents from the designated controlled location
• Understand the standards and practices for all documentation necessary to support products, equipment and assemblies
• Responsible for professional conduct and etiquette during inspection/audit activities
• Use only the latest revisions of documents and always access documents from the designated controlled location
• Prepare and submit expense reports for the prior month no later than the first week of the following month
• Follow safety instructions provided in standard operating procedures, work instructions, test protocols, or other documents
• Understand the aspects of design control as it relates to risk management, design inputs and outputs and verification and validation
• Understand the necessary elements and resources that need to be in place before product is transferred to routine production
• Understand the processes for validation to include software
• Understand the standard practices used with manufacturing assemblies that have not been released into routine production
• Understand the methods used to prevent the inadvertent use or release of nonconforming materials and a familiarity with the data on nonconformities and how it is tracked for analysis
• Understand how control numbers are generated and used within the Diversified QMS
• Understand and comply with any requirements for specific work practices and use of personal protective equipment
• Understand the methods used at Diversified MIG to limit the content of hazardous substances included in products that are intended to be RoHS compliant
• Understand the methods used to ensure that Diversified production processes remain in control and product meets specifications
• Familiarity with the verification and validation process of Diversified test and measuring equipment used in either production or product development. This includes test assemblies that contain multiple items of hardware and/or software
• Understand the methods used to approve and document rework procedures at Diversified MIG
• Understand the completion and review process of Device History Record documents as part of product release
• Understand the documentation that is needed for custom and off-the-shelf equipment used in the production and pre-production process
• Understand the process and requirements for distribution of finished products at Diversified MIG
What do we require from you?
• 5 years or more of related industry experience
• Expert knowledge of industry and standards in AV systems design and integration
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to do advanced troubleshooting
• Must have experience using hand tools of the AV and electronic related trades. This includes but is not limited to, soldering tools/techniques
• Possess excellent leadership qualities
• Expert knowledge of audio principles and the ability to fine tune and troubleshoot digital audio systems Must be well versed in interacting with networks (wired or wireless and/or Cisco) and must be able to support networked solutions for video conferencing, VOIP audio conferencing, and control
• Current CTS-I certifications or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of all standard digital video formats
• Prefer some knowledge of most Tier 1 Video-conferencing platforms and manufacturers, i.e. Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom Telepresence installation, Skype, etc.
• Familiarity with testing and measurement instrumentation commonly used in the network and AV industries; i.e., oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, fiber and cable continuity meters, etc.
• Familiarity in working within a medical environment a plus
• Must pass background and drug screens
But wait, there’s more!
• Collaborative work environment
• Committed to the career development and education of our team
• Comprehensive competitive benefits package
• Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
• 2017 Mega-Integrator
• #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies