Responsible for on-site installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance. Effectively manages assigned territory, including following up on service problem escalations or potential sales leads.
The Field Engineer is responsible for installation and optimizing HW/SW/Network products and configurations at customer sites as well as diagnosing and optimizing product performance. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance, value of Equipment Maintenance Agreements, Support Services, training and configurations that will improve product performance.
- Responsible for overall territory management including related administration pertaining to customer calls, timely completion of service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports, as well as the tracking of preventive maintenance and upgrade requirements for assigned customers.
- Performs necessary servicing and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- System installation of equipment.
- Provides operator training and ongoing support for customers.
- Ability to delight customers by developing strong relationships and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Acts as customer liaison and help drive customer issues to resolution.
- Drives revenue growth initiatives as assigned by management.
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with sales partners.
- Educates customers on the latest corporate initiatives and products.
- Maintains company assets in accordance with company guidelines.
- Consistently meets all performance goals.
- Presents and maintains a professional image at all times.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- A working knowledge of PC operating systems and software applications and a basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve system/equipment issues.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and application of electronics and strong eletromechanical skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Makes sound business decisions and manages/controls personal business expenses.
- Ability to market service and promote new business opportunities.
- Effective use of business tools.
- Capable of working independently without direct supervision.
- Readiness to accept, and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Exhibits Kodak Core Values.
- Planning, organizational and administrative abilities.
- Motivated to continuous self-improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience servicing PC hardware and software.
- Associate's Degree, or Certification in electrical or mechanical engineering, technical trade school studies
- Three or more years related field service experience.
- Previous experience servicing similar equipment
- Previous experience managing a territory
- Experience in the Graphic Arts industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Electro-photography / Digital Printing.
- Basic understanding of Color Theory.
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical devices and complex electro-optic and robotic high-tech equipment.
- The environment in which the FE services may be a high availability/mission critical account where system outages may occur. The individual proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
- The FE may be required to provide standby, after hours support or work different shifts based on company need. This may include nights, weekends and holidays. The individual may also be required to take calls outside of their assigned territory or District.
- Must be willing to travel (possibly internationally) for short and long term assignments, as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain security clearance as required by customers