Field Engineer will be responsible for daily operations and maintenance of sophisticated F-16 flight simulator installations. Duties include:
- Performs required readiness checks on flight simulation equipment
- Calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulators, and other support equipment. Install changes and updates to training system hardware and software as authorized utilizing documented procedures
- Conduct and document preventative maintenance checks required for simulator and support equipment; troubleshoot, repair, and document malfunctions of simulators and support equipment; remove and replace faulty equipment and complete maintenance data collection records; assist with installation and check-out of simulator and support equipment modifications; assist with general field site facility activities as required.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, and/or leads technical team to determine technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution
- Maintains security and cyber security posture, performing simulator system checks, scans and audits
- Computer repair and operational support
- Electronic troubleshooting and repair
- Basic knowledge of software systems for installing and troubleshooting problems
- Network administration to perform scans and Information Security Officer tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree or a two-year electronic technician resident course at an accredited technical institute and/or military technical training equivalent and 2 years electronics maintenance experience on equipment of similar complexity
- Prefer 8 years of experience in the electronics or simulation field. To include systems and bench level repair of various electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Must be capable of operating independently or in small teams with good customer relations and communications skills
- Minimum of a US SECRET security clearance, with reinvestigation dated within the last 6 years
- Prospective must have demonstrated leadership skills in a highly technical environment dealing directly with customer personnel
- This is a Field Service position and may require travel
- Security + CompTIA certifications, preferred