Field Engineer II
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Established in 2003, Ipanema offers hotels the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. Ipanema designs, implements and supports all aspects of a hotels phone system, wired and wireless networkinfrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan Ipanema has over 20 employees and serves over 300 hotel customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Recipient of Comcast’s Hospitality Partner of the Year Award in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2105
- Recipient of 2016 Channel Partners Next-Gen 250 Award as a Leading Next Generation IT Provider
- Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a state of the art Hospitality Technology Center
- Hospitality Technology Center under Construction in The Woodlands, TX Opening July 1, 2018
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans network and equipment installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram
- Performs adds, move, changes to new and existing equipment; provide proper documentation of the process throughout
- Installation from start to finish technology systems including phone, surveillance and Wi-Fi systems
- Running daily service and maintenance for existing customer base
- Interface and train customers when needed; Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- May require some work on evenings and weekends as the job requires
Qualifications and Requirement:
- 3 to 5years of proven experience in installation and programming with one or more of the following systems:
- Phone System
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently, as well as, within a team environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office or hotel. The position will also require use of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Pay
Ipanema Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.
Job Type: Full-time