Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with the installation, start-up, and operation of relatively complex distributed control systems, sub-systems, and/or specific control equipment at customer location
- Assist, as part of an engineering team, in carrying out engineering assignments involving technology outside of normal area of expertise
- Direct efforts of customer personnel engaged in installation of control systems, sub-systems, equipment or their routine modification/repair
- Requisition necessary equipment and supplies to accomplish assigned projects. Occasionally make minor purchase of these when required
- Provide direct engineering advisory assistance to the customer, and liaison within the company, on issues dealing with the equipment or related matters
- Assist in development of maintenance and/or service contracts with the customer after appropriate Division approval
- Responsible for assistance in settling warranty claims within the scope of equipment serviced. Obtain Division management concurrence when required.
- Provide information for and assist in preparation of quotation estimates and technical proposals for small system/sales and upgrade
- Perform a variety of related functions such as: site instruction of customer personnel; writing and modifying maintenance procedures; quality control tests and/or product evaluation; provide complete and timely reports on all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services
- Develop and maintain good customer relations
- Become certified on divisional products where appropriate
The position requires up to 80% travel.
The position requires a BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSCE/BS Computer Science or equivalent experience in related fields and a minimum of three years of field experience. An EIT or PMP is desirable.