Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That?s why at Aggreko, we work ?round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it * all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world?s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We?re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We?re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It?s the Aggreko way of working * we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We?re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we?re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We?re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
We are seeking a highly motivated Field Engineer, Electrical in New Iberia, LA to join our team. This person will:
* Schedule projects in logical steps and calculate the time required to meet deadlines and preserve margins
* Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
* Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project
* Develop and implement quality control programs
* Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and customers
* Study job specifications to determine appropriate methods
* Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to job sites
* Manage change, issue and risk report as well as risk mitigation
* Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the installation, maintenance, and teardown of jobs including pre-job planning, parts lists, project drawings
* Confer with supervisory personnel, customers, and co-workers to discuss and resolve issues
* Direct or supervise daily safety toolbox meetings with Aggreko and contracted resources
* Schedule and assist in obtaining all necessary training required for Aggreko and contracted resources to gain entry onsite as required
* Assist in providing pricing estimates and Change Orders to customers for adjustments to resolve issues during the job?s execution
* Direct and supervise workers during the job?s installation, maintenance, and teardown
* Customer Service attitude with the clients and within the Aggreko service center network
* Ensure that all company policies are followed on jobsites
* Procure equipment and materials and schedule freight to job sites
* Review and document the learning from each project; ensure this is shared with the project team to facilitate best practices and recommend improvements
* Responsible for project site inventory of equipment, rental and spare parts
* Responsible for daily P&L of project and ensuring on targets are met
* Bachelor?s degree in Electrical Engineering required
* 2-5 years of electrical engineering experience related to managing or coordinating projects
* Experience working with generators and electrical distribution systems a plus
* Experience in the heavy equipment rental industry a plus
* Experience working in and around petrochemical and refineries a plus
* Excellent customer skills
* Time management and organizational skills
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Critical thinking
* Good understanding of the technical applications of Aggreko products
* Ability to travel 50%
* Ability to work under pressure to meet or exceed customer deadlines and expectations
* Computer skills using such software as word processing, spreadsheet, design and project management programs.
* Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance project effectiveness.
At Aggreko, we?re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.