Job Duties and Responsibilities
Dish is seeking a Field Engineer who provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. This department provides support for local receive facilities located through out the United States. Department personneltravel to a variety of sites including co-location facilities, TV stations, tower locations to install and maintain receive equipment and fiber connections. This position will support the Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois region. The employeewill be working from a home or remote office and may be based in any of the states within the region.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Installs, maintains and repairs RF, audio, video and digital equipment
- May instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Analyze technical issues and resolve open dispatch tickets affecting the local receiving facilities
- Work closely with various site / teleport engineers in the field, either remotely or on site, to resolve issues affecting local channel uplink quality
- Read circuit diagrams / flow charts and fault-finding equipment down to component level
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Engineer II - Field Installation will have the following:
- BSEE degree in the electronics/broadcast domain or an equivalent combination of education and experience withmilitary training in the RF field substituting for education.
- Two or more years of experience in the following: video and audio signal processing (analog and digital), RF, AISC, ASI, IP, and SDI and HDI signals, off-air head-end reception, general knowledge of fiber networks, antenna installation, including construction and maintenance
- Two or more years of experience supporting fiber networks
- Two or more years performing site surveys and generating statement of work documentation.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, work outside in inclement weather and work long hours when necessary andtravel extensively
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record (company vehicle will be provided)
- SBE certification and/or general class FCC license is a plus
- Military training in RF, electronics or video, with experience will also be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be necessary for dealing with clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Self-motivated and detail focused with the ability to follow through