Job Tracking ID: 512205-596715
The Field Engineer position is comprised of handling the configuration, commissioning, and startup efforts for multiple projects and service calls active within our organization.
- Ability to handle the implementation of plant automation using our in-house integration methods and vendor supplied hardware and software.
- Interacts with our customers to meet the needs of the project or service call.
- Interacts with our sales staff to be sure the requirements of the project are understood.
- Ability to interact with our customers after the project or service call is completed in order to support post project issues.
- Ability to work as a functioning team member to support large projects.
- Occasionally supports the sales staff by reviewing sales proposal prior to a presentation to the customer.
- Occasionally supports the sales staff by acting as the technical consultant for potential projects.
- Acting as a team member for the engineering group for some of the larger projects.
- Acting as a project manager for some of the smaller projects.
- Completes the associated paperwork for projects and service calls on a monthly basis.
- Enters their time in the engineeringdatabase on a weekly basis.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
A four yearengineeringdegree or two year technical degree with equivalent related experience is required. Must have plant process control experience and be familiar with Programmable Logic Controllers, Distributed Control Systems and various SCADA packages. I/O checkout site experience is required.
- Programming experience for process related applications including: reactors, distillation, combustion controls, batch applications, mixing and metering, continuous and batch chemical production.
- Platform programming experience with any of the following:
Siemens PCS7. S7 and drives; Rockwell ControlLogix, PlantPAx, and FactoryTalk; Emerson DeltaV; Yokogawa Centum; Honeywell Experion
- Experience writing technical specifications and design documents.
- Fluent Mathematical skills and problem solving expertise needed.
- Fluent PC/Computer skills including Internet based tools, Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions tailored to a specific project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of customer contact.
- High level of integrity and understanding of business ethics.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills; analytical.
- Good organizational skills.
- Innovative, open-minded, resourceful.
- Handles stressful situations well; manage change easily and adapt readily; courageous spirit.
- Functions cooperatively in a team environment.
- Integrates new information quickly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The work environment varies from typical office environment to plant site environment
- Travel typically varies from 40% to 60% depending on work assignments
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Requires walking primarily on a level surface for varying periods throughout the day in the plant site area. Could involve long periods of Computer work.
- Able to lift or carry up to 40 lbs.
- Postural activities include climbing, maneuvering, bending, stooping, kneeling. Crouching, crawling above, under and around machinery, equipment and occasionally and includes reaching, handling, touching grasping machine parts, controls, control panels, levers, and switches as needed.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, platforms and scaffolding to diagnose/troubleshoot process and equipment occasionally.
- Ability to work in non-permit required spaces and at heights of 15' to 20'.
- Physical effort required, continuous mental and visual attention required
- While working in the plant site environment will be supporting 7 day a week operation; may require working more than 40 hours to support the work efforts
- The performance of this position includes exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and Hearing Protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.