Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation, maintenance, MAC (moves, adds and changes) and removal of WAN/LAN equipment
Routers and switches
Client Specific equipment
• Test and turn up of data and telephony circuits, including extending DMarc’s where necessary,
• Installation, maintenance, MAC, and removal of VOIP, PBX and Key system equipment
• Installation of CAT 5e, CAT 6e, coax cabling.
• Customer training on VOIP, PBX and key systems.
• Perform site surveys and other client specific tasks while on site
• Maintain accurate inventory of company-owned equipment
• Complete all required paperwork in accordance with company policy
• Comply with all corporate and departmental policies
• Ensure proper maintenance of company vehicle, test equipment and tools
• Maintain job skills and knowledge through reading technical publications, studying equipment manuals, Company training programs, etc.
• Build positive, professional relationships with customers and clients.
• Actively participate in Acuative’s ASE internal quality program, conforming to all requirements
Skills and Knowledge required
• AA or equivalent technical certification and/or equivalent telecom/networking background.
• Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) required within 30 days of hire.
• Knowledge of WAN protocols including DSL, 56K, T1, DS-3, ISDN, MPLS and Frame-Relay.
• Working knowledge of OSI layers 1 thru 7 and associated protocols for each layer.
• Intermediate level Cisco router and switch installation and troubleshooting techniques, including ability to access equipment through console port, install configurations and load IOS files.
• Installation and proper placement of wireless access points, ability to troubleshoot wireless issues.
• Knowledge of telephony, including phone circuits, hunt groups, trunks, tie lines, color codes, etc.
• Overall knowledge of PBX, Key and VOIP phone systems.
• Knowledge of RS232 pin out.
• Familiar with the Hayes “AT” command set
• Ability to work independently without supervision