The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Field Distribution Manager. This front-line quota-carrying resource is responsible for maximizing Ortho Clinical Diagnostic’s business utilizing Distribution with a focus on increasing revenue, gross profit, and market share for Chemistry, Immuno-Assay and Transfusion Medicine product lines. Responsible for building and maintaining a relationship at the corporate and field sales levels with key Ortho distributor partners. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is a remote opportunity. This position covers the New England territory, including New York and Northern NJ.
- Sales Support: Provide sales support to Distributor Sales Specialist through field travel, technical training, and ongoing updates.
- Distributor Liaison: Serve as key liaison for communication between distributor and Ortho reps while collecting distributor sales.
- Strategic Planning: Coordinate funnel and forecast with distributors on a reoccurring basis. Identify competitive accounts with distributor sales partners and execute strategy collaboratively.
- Distributor Sales Support: Provide support to distributor sales representatives through training, marketing programs, and distributor collateral. Provide tools to participate and win business as necessary, including pricing tools, marketing updates, consultation on sales proposals. Train distributors on new Ortho product offerings and any updates to current Ortho product offering.
- Sales Process: Own distributor sales process in Ortho territories to include ongoing communication with District Managers and Area Directors on prospecting and forecasted opportunities.
- New business acquisitions goals
- Meet product-specific revenue goals
- Convert net-new, competitive accounts
- Meet instrumentation goals in-line with AOP language
Key Points of Interaction
- Area Sales Directors
- Ortho Regional Sales Managers
- Ortho CE/B/HSE/GAM Counterparts
- Distributor Partners/District Managers
- Distributor Sales Specialists
- Sales Background: 5+ years of experience selling capital equipment required.
- Industry/Domain Knowledge: 3+ years of experience in diagnostics required; Distributor knowledge and experienced required.
- Minimum Education: BA Degree required; business degree preferred.
- Independent Worker: Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment.
- Communication: Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Key Leadership Attributes: Customer Focus, Drives for Results, and Collaborates, Situational Adaptability.
- Other Key Competencies: Commercial / business acumen, insight selling