Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
Not Specified years
Posted 163 days ago
You like BBQ, believe in the spirit of the Lonestar State, and prefer limited government. You love speaking to folks and large crowds about why freedom is the best way of life for Texans. You believe yourself to be a leader in your community and someone who can motivate and challenge others to fight for the American Dream. Sounds like you could be the perfect Field Director in Texas. The Field Director II will create, manage, and implement a strategic plan to drive freedom-oriented policies in their community for Americans for Prosperity - Texas. They will recruit, train, and provide a platform for volunteers through grassroots activities such as phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events based on the organization’s strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have a background in grassroots advocacy and project management.
• Create the strategic plan to build grassroots relations in the community with political, business, media and community leaders.
• Work with senior leadership in the state to develop and manage local budget
• Train and mentor other team members on how to build a strong grassroots presence to champion freedom oriented policies in their community.
• Mobilize and educate grassroots activists through phone banking, door to door canvassing, and neighborhood events on state-based policy initiatives
• Represent the organization by attending and speaking at local grassroots events for recruitment and education purposes
• Organize and plan state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including the phone bank setup process and door to door canvassing
• 2-4 years’ experience with grassroots operations and/or event planning required.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with state and national staff, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Willingness to perform all duties as listed and any other duties assigned
• Willingness to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
• Proven ability to work remotely and in an office environment
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members, partners and all state chapters
• A firm commitment to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity through free markets
• Must have valid driver’s license