Arcadis seeks a Field Contracts & Claims Manager to join our team in New York City.
As a Field Contracts & Claims Manager you will have the opportunity to use your procurement expertise on a large capital program in New York City. If you possess solid leadership; technical, organizational, and communication skills; and have a proven track record we want to speak with you.
As a Field Contracts Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will be to facilitate the management of contracts at all stages of construction to avoid, mitigate, and resolve construction claims at all stages of the project lifecycle:
- Writing and reviewing contracts and other documents
- Evaluating bids for compliance with contract requirements
- Supervising the selection of contractors and consultants and negotiations under the Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Assisting with responsiveness and responsibility determinations
- Negotiating, approving, and executing change orders at the applicable facility within the delegated authority
- Resolving change orders and claims
- Administering field changes by applying cost and price analysis to contracts, amendments, and work orders
- Providing overall support with contract administration and assistance to other departments
- Serve as liaisons providing information and assistance to the various departments within the organization.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- The ability to interact with internal departments as well as external customers.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and ten (10) years of satisfactory full-time professional experience, or a Master's degree from an accredited college and five (5) years of satisfactory full-time professional experience, or fifteen (15) years of progressive procurement experience.
- Professional certifications:
- Certified Professional Public Buyer CPPB)
- Certified Public Purchasing Officer CPPO)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC)