Supports CEC customers by managing contract information, researching questions, and resolving complex pricing/rebate issues between the Corporate Contracts/Rebates department, vendors, customers and the Owens & Minor (O&M) sales force. Reviews and approves customer set-up structures as it relates to contract access. Informs customers of standard price change notification as well as communication and follow-up of expiring contracts. Maintains knowledge of the systems that support these activities and recommends changes to these systems. Works closely with Pricing and Margin Analysts on margin initiatives. Effectively works with all levels of sales and operational management and corporate management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Analyzes contract audit reports; reviews expiring contract communications from Corporate for possible errors or potential pricing/rebate issues; notifies Customers and Sales Reps as appropriate; keeps Client Engagement Teams (CET) & Client Engagement Center (CEC) management informed as needed; this may include running periodic price-book information for the customer.
2. Analyzes and researches complex pricing and rebate issues; accountable for appropriate resolution of rebate denials; if customer/field documentation or involvement is necessary to support rebates claimed, communicates to management as necessary; problem resolution may involve direct communication with the customer and negotiation with vendors; determines appropriate action required and ensures the correct team takes the appropriate action; works within Salesforce to receive, update and close cases.
3. Proactively resolves replacements of expiring contracts and customer Group Purchasing Organization (GPO)/tier eligibility documentation that could not be resolved by the corporate team; authorizes O&M waiver of advanced notification as required by manufacturers to meet customer expectations; negotiates and obtains contract pricing from manufacturer to support 'bid customers'.
4. Reviews credit/rebill activity to correct overcharges and denied rebates; reviews and approves pass through credits due to contract pricing issues; loads 'bill-only' contracts as necessary for credit/rebills; communicates with field Accounts Receivables (AR) to ensure they have information to apply credits to ensure customer does not receive duplicate credit.
5. Through specific customer knowledge and analysis, identifies potential margin opportunities; coordinates with Pricing and Margin team on margin initiatives as required.
6. Plans and implements contract pricing on new customer conversions and existing customer GPO conversions; leads project to compare pricing and track changes during these conversions and ensures that appropriate field and corporate resources are included in the project.
7. Analyzes pricing issues & processes resulting in short-pays and determining appropriate resolution; supports AR on complex pricing audits from customers and/or GPO's for specific customers.
8. Communicates status of projects and significant issues to management.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Four year university degree required; Master's Degree preferred
Broad knowledge of a discipline in finance or business administration
Five or more years of experience in contracts and/or pricing
Previous experience in a medical/surgical distribution or manufacturing business preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing multiple projects/demands and working with minimal supervision
Ability to research, analyze, and communicate complex issues
Ability to negotiate directly with customers and vendors for resolution of issues
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to perform in a matrix reporting relationship
In-depth knowledge of contract and rebate processes
Experience with mainframe and PC processing infrastructures
Ability to work with and meet tight deadlines
May work extended hours on occasion