Field Claims Adjuster
Investigates and evaluates field claimsreported on our policies to determine coverage and extent of damage in an attempt to reach an appropriate and negotiated settlement in accordance with statutory requirements, policy provisions and customary and reasonable mitigation techniques.
What You’ll Do
- Confirms coverage and identifies / resolves coverage issues. Contacts insured same day as claim is assigned.
- Conducts proper investigations on cause of loss and procures proper documentation and supporting reports utilizing vendors appropriately. Continually evaluates vendor performance and techniques. Identifies and recommends subrogation opportunities.
- Utilizes peer review as needed.
- Reviews and processes correspondence and takes appropriate action. Maintains up-to-date claim file diary.
- Completes assigned claims promptly with full required documentation. Processes payment and / or denial based on policy coverage.
- Assesses exposure and sets proper reserves. Notifies management of large losses promptly.
- Communicates with customers, agents, and other partners verbally and in writing in a professional manner. Represents the company as the product coverage and statutory expert for our insureds, agents, and vendors.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on all claim files and processes claims in a timely manner.
- Meets company service standards and effectively uses the diary system to remain current.
- Manages special projects, as assigned, within the established time and quality guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining open and trusting working relationships with insureds in order to gather pertinent information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- 1-3years’ prior experience in field claims adjusting
- 3-5years’ prior experience estimating claims
- Prior carrier experience
- State of Florida 520 or 620 License desired
- Completion of insurance courses such as IIA, AEI, or CPCU preferred
- Ability to analyze facts and coverages in order to evaluate damages.
- Proven ability in negotiation and investigation required.
- Ability to communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical / professional / consumer clients.
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
- Familiarity with industry claims systems and property estimating systems, Xactimate preferred.
$60k-$80k base + full time benefits