Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Do you have knowledge and passion with respect to healthcare administration, healthcare delivery and health economics? Do you have the desire to be in a highly visible and influential role in a well-established medical device industry leader? Then you may be an excellent candidate for a field-basedManager role within our Health Economics and Market Access team supporting Boston Scientific’s rapidly growing Structural Heart business. A fundamental priority for this position will be communicating the value of our Left Atrial Appendage Closure technology (WATCHMAN) business and differentiating Boston Scientific with clinical and economic customers to positively influence business objectives.
Primary Location: U.S. Field Based Position (located close to major airport). Seeking to fill positions in the East, Central and West regions.
Your responsibilities include:
Support implementation of health economic and value selling strategies and activities for Boston Scientific (BSC) working with divisional staff and key internal and external stakeholders:
- Develop and implement reimbursement, health economics and market access, and value selling strategies to promote growth in the WATCHMAN franchise.
- Work in partnership with sales and sales leadership to plan and prioritize customer visits to deliver value selling messages to drive BSC priorities.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Clinical and Health Economics teams to anticipate market needs and inform the development of customer-facing tools, economic models and other tactical elements of reimbursement to maximize patient access to BSC technologies.
- Educate and train sales team on health economic tools and messaging both via in-person and virtual meetings.
- Support relationships with local physician champions to support interactions with hospital administrators.
- Ensure health economic and value selling methodologies and messages are consistent across the organization and compliant with legal and regulatory guidance.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will have excellent technical expertise in the areas of healthcare administration and delivery, facility and physician reimbursement, and health economic value messaging. Candidates will exhibit outstanding communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a broad and diverse group of stakeholders, and will have the ability to convey the unique capabilities that Boston Scientific has in this market. The role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution. This is a field based position with overnight travel estimated at 75%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the delivery and/or administration of healthcare or the medical device industry, preferably with experience in the cardiovascular specialties
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry and healthcare systems
- Understanding of medical device industry reimbursement environment
- Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices
- Knowledge of US health care policy and payment systems, including Medicare and commercial payers, in inpatient and outpatient sites of service
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated skills in account management and customer service
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, iPad applications)
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH or MHA in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, or similar discipline is highly desired.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives
- Ability to present complex health economic information to both large and small influential groups in a way that is both easy to understand, credible, and engages the audience
- Perform with composure in sometimes contentious meetings with external customers
- Effectively operate financial calculators in order to demonstrate to customers how Boston Scientific products will impact their facility or healthcare system economically and financially
- Ability to train sales team members both individually and in groups in the use of economic tools such as calculators, presentations, and messaging in a compliant manner
- Ability to illicit and interpret customers’ goals, needs, and priorities and creatively address them with Boston Scientific products and programs
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere
- Experience and comfort with complex concept sales involving changes in customer behavior or care-pathway in response to clinical unmet needs
- Experience working as part of both functional and cross-functional teams
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 434669