- Supports Automation Engineer/Specialist and Operations with automation/instrumentation designs and implementations.
- Performs technical support for Instrument & Electrical staff and contractors.
- Maintains and delivers improvements to SCADA/DCS systems.
- Maintains integrity of control network including licensing.
- Assures compliance to corporate automation and control standards (e.g., PCD cybersecurity standards).
- Supports Exception Based Surveillance work philosophy and associated systems.
- Reviews and approves Cause & Effects, Management of Change documentation, P&ID and Automation & Controls-related Standard Work Instructions and procedures.
- Reviews and Approves Work Orders, Scopes of Work and Invoices.
- Manages project delivery through the use of standard tools such as MS Project, Excel, Word, email,etc).
- Provides technical expertise to Root Cause Analyses.
- Industrial / Oilfield experience
- Knowledge of industry-specific and regulatory safety requirements and practices
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office), SAP
- Fundamental understanding of databases, SQL, Virtual server environments
- Industrial control system design and programming experience (Rockwell / Honeywell preferred)
- Wide Area SCADA experience design and implementation
- Industrial control networks, including, but not limited to Ethernet, Serial, Cell, Wireless technologies
- Industrial protocols including, but not limited to Allen-Bradley Ethernet IP, DH+ and RIO, Emerson HART, and Modbus RTU and TCP. Experience with MQQT/AMQT protocols a plus.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Embraces LEAN philosophy
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
- College degree, industry-related certification, or equivalent required
- 5+ years industry experience
- Self-starter and able to lead teams