Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Field Applications Specialist to sell, provide technical expertise, train and manage the Dealer and Installer customer base. In this role, the Field Applications Specialist will be responsible for interacting with Dealers and Installers to drive profitable new business and expand current relationships. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong technical understanding of Flow Technologies products across the entire Professional channel / portfolio and how they address customer needs
- Directs the analysis of customer specifications to determine proper platform and accessories required with regards to Drives.
- Meet with customers as needed to convert customer concepts/designs into workable product solutions
- Provide expertise and recommend solutions to application and performance problems related to pumps in the field
- Build relationships with key Dealers and influence sales of Pentair products and services
- Promote Pentair’s products & brands effectively utilizing marketing programs, leveraging field resources and distributor and end-user product trainings
- In partnership with the Territory Sales Managers, identify growth opportunities through management and execution of an opportunity funnel or action plan
- Hold regular technical presentations, training seminars and provide on-site support
- Communicate customer feedback for future product developments
- Daily travel requirement to distributors, customers, events, etc.
Up to 50% Overnight Travel
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 3 or more years’ experience in a technical sales/ specification role
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize, plan, meet difficult deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience in the application of Water Well pumps and pumping equipment
- Strong Interpersonal, negotiation, follow-up and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Ability to make group presentations
- High energy, self-starter, and goal-oriented eager to meet and exceed goals and targets
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.