As a Senior Field Applications Engineer Manager and Technical Lead at Micron, you will serve as a Technical Liaison for Micron’s customers and various departments within Micron:
You will be responsible for the success of the customer technical engagement by enabling and maintaining technical alignment with the customer, enabling revenue through solutions and design wins, ensuring Best in Class Technical support, and leading the account technical team and activities.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Deliver technical expertise and value to customers who integrate Micron’s products with their own system solutions.
- Collaborate with Sales to drive business and technical strategies and develop account plans.
- Lead and coordinate a FAE team and others functions supporting the global account in every region to guarantee technical support; you will lead a virtual team for worldwide technical support.
- Partner with customers to develop the best memory footprint and system configuration for the specific target application and facilitate collaboration with Micron internal departments to develop solutions which meet customer system requirements.
- Provide internal strategic direction for customer systems applications and quality related objectives through collaboration with global field support teams.
- Drive technical support to customers and the field sales force by leveraging the expertise within Micron organizations, including the field technical support team and factory engineers.
- Work with and drive internal marketing and development teams to evaluate feasibility of specific new products, packaging or features and ensure customer specifications are met.
- Drive customer support excellence through business review scorecard results, metrics, and issue response time.
- Navigate technical challenges which serve as obstacles for revenue recognition.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Leadership experience, managing a direct and indirect team.
- 5 years of experience in memory(DRAM)/storage (HDD and/or SSD) product design/engineering, product, test, system validation, or application engineering.
- Systems experience, including: Datacenter/Compute architecture, systems design, test and troubleshooting.
- System integration experience with Storage products including HDD and/or SSD.
- Exposure to other memory technologies including DRAM.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills.
- Self-motivated, take initiative, and to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers across multiple subject areas, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction.
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent English skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel for up to 25% of time.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.