Req. ID: 97942
As part of Field Applications Engineering team, you will serve as a primary technical contact for Micron’s Automotive customers and various departments within Micron.
This position is located in the Detroit area.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- FAE for Automotive customers in the Americas, specifically focused on the greater Detroit area:
- Build strong relationships with assigned customer’s technical teams.
- Identify new business and obtain qualifications.
- Act as trusted advisor at customer and field sales force:
- Automotive system/board memory architecture advices, memory product recommendations, technical trainings
- Manage customer issues, perform in-lab debug and problem solving with the customer at their sites and/or at Micron labs.
- Coordinate worldwide activities with other FAE/Sales team members across different regions to define and implement high level strategies for the Automotive segment
- Understand customer quality requirements and corresponding documentation. Work with internal business units and Quality teams to ensure compliance and/or acceptance.
- Influence both internal and external customers and partners on customer technical requirements and selection of product specs and features.
- Provide customer feedback and product requirements to marketing and internal technical teams
- Work with factory applications engineers to develop solutions which meet customer performance and power requirements.
- Work with and drive internal marketing and development teams to determine the feasibility of specific new products or features and ensure customer specifications are met.
- Identify and communicate required customer focused collaterals (e.g., product guides, cross references, datasheets, system compatibility guides, etc.).
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electronic board and system design, product, test, system validation, application engineering, memory.
- Systems experience, covering some/all of following:
- Embedded Systems hardware architecture, design, test and troubleshooting.
- Volatile, Non Volatile and Mass Storage Memories usage in Automotive or Embedded systems
- Volatile & Non Volatile Memories interface knowledge: NOR, NAND, DRAM, eMMC
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing and debug (experience with oscilloscope, logic and protocol analyzers)
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- The ability to be self-motivated, take initiative, and to work independently or in a team environment.
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction.
- Language: Fluent English, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to travel as required, up to 25% of time.
- Preferred but not required:
- High Speed circuit design experience
- Experience working as an applications engineer for a semiconductor manufacturer
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Detroit || Michigan (US-MI) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Sales || Not Applicable ||
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Field Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Semiconductor, Engineering, Science